•Twenty•

"The only way to get rid of a temptation
is to yield to it."
~Oscar Wilde

A nervous look replaced her smile

A nervous look replaced her smile. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

War wasn't following. "About medicine?"

She shook her head, taking a deep breath. She seemed scared or worried almost. But for what? "War can you set the tray on the table for a second...I really need to have a serious talk with you."

War suddenly had a terrible feeling about this 'talk.'

Grabbing at the tray he set it on the night table and then glanced to where Pom was patting on the bed. Why was he so damn nervous? She just wanted to talk. Pomelia liked talking, he shouldn't think anything of it...

He sat at the spot where she wanted, realizing that he was very much invading her personal space and of course he liked that. "What's wrong?" He questioned, his stomach beginning to twist in knots.

She slipped her hand in his, and War reveled in feeling her soft skin against his. "I just...I know we aren't supposed to but I want to...and I don't think it'll be a bad thing," she stammered, as her cheeks inflamed and she turned away from him. Her hand gripping his tighter.

War's ears perked. Did she mean...sex? It was doable, definitely doable but he didn't know how comfortable it would be considering all her casts..they should wait. They had to wait. He slid his hand under her chin, and nudged it up to look at him. Her skin was warm. Really warm. "Don't be embarrassed."

He could hear her heart beat and it was loud. Her fingers tips were sweaty... "I'm sorry I'm just nervous. I know you'll say no," she whispered, as he was hyper aware of the way she gently bit that plump bottom lip.

Why would he say no?! Well he had to say no right now...he didn't want to hurt her but he could ease her ache. He knew how to get a woman off without his dick. "Just tell me."

She took his hand from her face and gripped both hands tightly. "I...I want you to mark me."

Mark. Her? Sex was one thing...it was a great thing. An incredibly amazing thing, but marking her... Sure they talked about it happening with Wes a little but now? They would be tied to one another forever and although he had no problem with that...did she? She didn't know the truth about him at all. Then the whole fact that it might trigger her dormant Lycan genes which Wes advised against...

"Why?"

"Because it could heal me. I had a dream of us in a field and we were shifting and running together...it was so beautiful. I've never had the urge or want to shift until you came into my life. I want to be able to connect with your wolf, and I can't do that if I can't shift."