•Twenty Three•

"Love is giving someone the power to destroy you...but trusting them not to."
~Unknown

"~Unknown

"N-no!"

War had never smelled such fear in a person he cared for. Doctor Falcon was now in their bedroom, with a type of saw to get Pom's casts off, but his mate was acting as if he had an ax, ready to chop her limbs off.

"It's okay," he consoled her as she clung to him for dear life. War hated this. He had the primal urge to knock the teeth out of Doctor Falcon as he chuckled and joked about Pomelia's irrational fear.

He held her one hand tightly as Doctor Falcon began to saw off the large cast on her leg. War noticed that she kept on inhaling his scent deeply and that seemed to be keeping her from losing it.

Which kind of made him...happy. He had never been the source for someone's comfort. It was odd, refreshing. He wondered if he would be able to comfort her more... He certainly knew exposing her to Butter, was going to score big points for him.

"Wonderful. Two more to go and you are free my dear!"

Pom refused to move. The only indication that he could tell that she was well and alive was her shaky breathing, other than that, his poor mate was a rock.

After all of the casts were removed he took a sharp pair of scissors and began to cut whatever was binding her limbs so tightly. Once all that was done, Doctor Falcon smiled widely. "And we are done! You can open your eyes now, sweetheart."

Pomelia did, and while she flexed her hand and moved her previously wrapped up leg, War's eyes soaked up her blemish free skin. He suddenly didn't feel terrible about everything. He actually felt...joy. He was the reason why she was fully healed and healthy again...but he felt overwhelming happiness. To the point where he was confused.

It wasn't his feelings. It was Pomelia's. He marked her and as a result, he could feel some of her emotions if they were strong enough. She was over the moon about being fully healed and he was happy for her...

"Thank you Doctor Falcon. Sorry for giving you a hard time," his mate apologized sheepishly as Falcon chuckled, thinking it was funny. War had the urge still to beat up the elderly man. He had acted as if he had a stick up his ass the entire time He worked with War but the moment Pomelia is awake, he's acting as sweet as sugar! The old man was unbelievable.

"It's fine dear! I wish you and War the best. I would love to chat but we have places to be." Now that they were leaving, he could call Wes and tell him everything that his mate was okay.

Pomelia said bye to the doctor and after that she began to occupy herself with running her tongue over her elongated teeth in the front. She seemed so hypnotized by the movement, making War forget what he was doing and watch his mate explore her improved body.