•Ten•

Convincing yourself doesn't
Win an argument
~Robert Half

Convincing yourself doesn't Win an argument ~Robert Half

"That Amber. She is such a terrible soul!" Makaria watched intently as her one mortal assignment, Pomelia, ran away from the large crowd of lycans with fear and sadness clouding her thoughts and heart.

Makaria knew eventually the mortal would find out about her mate's wayward and despicable ways soon enough. She just did not think such a woman would tell Pomelia. She would pull Amber Hersch's file and see who her mate was and maybe put that person through a few obstacles since Amber wanted to gossip about things that were none of her concern.

"Makaria, you have really done it now."

The hairs on the back of her neck sprung to life, goose bumps pebbled all over her exposed skin. Turning her head slightly, she could see the goddess, wrapped in her silk moonlight garb, her crimson eyes coming to life.

She immediately fell to the ground in repentance of whatever she had done. "My goddess...I apologize for whatever offense I have made against you!"

Artemis was quiet, watching the attendant grovel at her feet. Makaria was such a smart girl, yet she constantly did dolt like things. "Rise, my dear. It has just come to my attention who little Pomelia's mother is and I am sure she will be less than thrilled to learn who I gave her only child to."

The fear and confusion in the girls eyes only increased as she scrambled up to her feet and used the moonlight orb to search for Pomelia's file. The woman deemed her mother was certainly a surprise. "Oh my goddess, forgive me!"

Artemis placed her hand on the girls shoulder. "It will be fine...this will soften her mother's heart perhaps. Maybe this is for the best...any who what is our dear couple doing as of now?"

Makaria visibly cringed. Why could the goddess not have come when the two were brushing War's hair or holding hands?! Doing something that showcased how well the pair were getting along? Why did she have to come in the midst of an argument?

Nervously, Makaria tuned into their whereabouts. Pomelia was running through the forest in the dark, sobbing terribly. War hot on trails.

"Oh my, what happened? I thought they were getting along? What offense has War made on the poor girl?"

Makaria frowned. "Well, a pack member told Pomelia that War kills and well she is upset and running from him."

Artemis sighed, "Does she not know running from problems will not solve anything? You there, tell my father I want a thundering rainstorm at these coordinates now." A large grey wolf approached the goddess and bit into the ball of moonlight before running off, disappearing to find the King of the gods...