Forty Seven

"Don't judge others because they sin differently than you."

After Pomelia wiped at her eyes and made sure she wasn't going to randomly burst into tears again they made their way to the scene.

Pomelia was shaking so hard as they approached the LPA and all of their blacked out vans and guns he felt like turning around and putting her back into the car.

Instead of having blinking red, white and blue lights the LPA vans that raided the small parking lot of the temple were all blinking white. He supposed it was to resemble the moonlight. As he glanced up, he felt like someone slapped him in the face.

It was a full moon. A full fucking moon. "War? What's wrong?" Pomelia's warm hand was in his but her other hand was rubbing his bicep soothingly.

"It's a full moon, Pomelia." He told her as she glanced up and smiled at him, sort of in a confused 'duh' type of way.

She didn't understand and he had to explain it someone. He needed Erica immediately. He walked up to a group of agents and they first glanced at Pomelia before looking at him. One in particular was staring at Pomelia rather intensely before cursing loud.

"Wait a minute. What the fuck is going on," the man growled out loud as War suddenly remembered the man's voice. This was the LPA agent who pounced on him at the bar when he was fake choking Jess.

War growled, wrapping his arm around her pressing her into his side. "Where is Erica Grace? I need to speak to her immediately."

The agent cocked his gun at War. "Listen Tarzan I'm not sure what the fuck is going on but you're going to have to let go of this woman. Pomelia right?" The man spoke, his eyes straying over to look at his mate. "Come here, you don't need to be afraid. I can get you to your mother."

Pomelia began to push away from War and he suddenly felt sick. Was she really betraying him like this? What was going on?

"Excuse me...Peter I think it is? I'm fine. Could you please just grab Mrs. Grace. I really need to speak to her," Pomelia smiled softly at the man who had called War 'Tarzan.' He even managed to get a few good punches into the man's face before he was restrained.

War was more interested in how Pomelia knew this idiot, on a first name basis. The man's eyebrows knitted together, and War could see the fury behind them.

"Cuff him," he snapped at the other agent as War resisted the urge to curse him and knock him out. He chose peace when he really honest to every living being wanted to choose violence.

The other agent warily maneuvered behind War to put on handcuffs. "Don't you dare! He is my mate. Peter I don't know what's going on but we need to speak to my mother."

War flexed his hands in his new handcuffs, thinking of happy thoughts. Like Pomelia clinging to him when they were in the lake, them holding hands. Her cooking. Lo's terrible attempt at singing in the morning. The pups in the pack following his wolf around wanting to play...

"Listen honey I don't know what lies he's told you but you're obviously being brainwashed. This man is a killer. I've seen him rip someone's heart out, okay? He's not a good man."

War kept quiet, watching his mates response. Would she recoil? Would their progress be erased from this man's words?

"I know who he is, I do not need you, you a-a man I barely know to tell me who my mate is. Please we have important information and we need to speak to my mother." Pomeli was upset, she was shaking with anger. Her eyes were bright and he could see the little hints of her wolf being riled up.