Fifty

"Well this is a turn in events I really don't fucking like."

War sat in the same chair he had sat in for...god knows how long. He was always getting pulled into the office getting yelled at, berated, cursed out, sometimes on occasions they had good times in here. Only when concerning themselves with money of course.

Now he was in Khan's study to...take over his study. Pomelia had to unfortunately left him, being that she was having some side effects from the heat suppressant pills.

He couldn't believe she was in heat and he didn't even notice. The arousal was usual in the morning and then the more he thought about Pomelia the more protective he came and then when he saw her...he snapped.

War acted like a caveman. Making her sit on his lap, and holding on to her tight. He had never tried drugs before but he was sure as hell intoxicated from continually sniffing in her scent. He just thanked the...goddess and Lo for having that heat kit ready. Or else he would have been fucking his mate in the rec room with reckless abandon.

The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to claw his eyes out. Pomelia made it clear that she wanted their first time to be special, and a quick screw wasn't what she wanted. War couldn't say the same. He just wanted to be in here. That's all he wanted...but he would wait. However long his gift of a mate wanted to take...

"Are you fucking listening?"

War snapped out of his thoughts, glaring at Khan. Sixteen years. Sixteen years he's been with Khan. Five thousand eight hundred and forty days he had spent in this pack and Khan treated him the exact same way he always treated him. With little to no respect.

"I'm listening."

Khan's golden eyes brightened as he stared War down, pressing his blunt to his lips and inhaled deeply. Seconds ticked by before Khan slowly blew out the milky white smoke.

"You think you're hot shit?" He questioned as he gave War yet another document to sign. Wars hand was about to start cramping with the amount of papers Khan was making him sign.

War sighed, knowing Khan was boring a hole in his eyes. "Do you think I am?" He questioned as Khan slapped another document in front of him.

Khan chuckled, leaning back in his chair and blowing out more smoke, watching it disappear into the air. "You sure as fuck aren't a scared little shit anymore. Still hold your fuckin tongue too much."

"You didn't answer the question," War spoke, feeling like he contradicted Khan by saying just that. Usually he would just let Khan berate him until he got tired of it or found another victim to bother.

Rolling his eyes, Khan took a swig of his drink. "Do I think, you think you're hot shit? Yeah, you act like. Too damn good to do your job you've been doing since what? Fucking 16. You finally get some pussy and go soft."

War wanted to point out that he first killed at 12 and then started going on jobs at 14, not 16. He decided not to argue about that... "It's because I love her and I hated my job. Not because of sex."

Sex which he still didn't even have. "Love? And what the fuck do you know about something you were never given?"

Why were they taking about this? War shrugged. "I don't know. My mate loves me. She loves herself. I guess I just watched her..."

"That's a bunch of bullshit. I woulda believed anything but that shit. You love yourself? Shit I fucking love myself and you don't see me acting like a pussy." War didn't have anything to prove to Khan. Nothing at all.

"What else do you have to tell me about running the pack?"

Khan smirked. "Don't wanna talk about your feelings with me? I was thinking I could braid your hair next." War growled. "Alright, alright. Follow the monthly expense sheet like it's your fucking life. If your damn heart can't handle distributing jobs leave that to Leo he has no problem and knows all the strongest in the pack."