Forty Nine

"So I say all of this to get to a specific point. I'm leaving. Not permanently of course my family built this shit from the ground up...but I'm avenging my my late to be mate by finding and killing the bitch who killed her."

Some people broke out into cheers, others stayed quiet. Pomelia and War froze. The one who killed Amber...was Jess. Pomelia hadn't spoken to Jess in so long, but she didn't want her to die! She knew War felt the same sentiments as he stayed quiet, holding on to Pomelia.

Alpha Khan silenced the crowd, howls and yells still randomly being thrown out. Pomelia was scared, nervous and confused. Khan and Jess were lovers, used to be lovers. How could he even think of killing her?

"Alright, alright! While I'm gone I need a replacement. I thought long and hard about this shit and I'm stuck. I wanted Leo but he refused, because he's having a baby or some shit."

"Hell yeah, he refuses!" Someone in the crowd yelled. Pom laughed a bit realizing that had to be Lo yelling that.

Khan threw a glare towards Lo's direction before he began to speak again. "So I'm open to majority rules. You have to be older than 20 and if the temporary Alpha has a mate that's fine too. Let's get it started. Who do you guys want as a temp."

Someone immediately stood up. "How long will you be gone, Alpha?"

"Fuck if I know. As long as it takes to kill that bitch." Pom cringed at such language. He was talking about killing a friend. One of her first pack friends!

As the pack patiently waited for someone to speak up, Khan became increasingly agitated. "You're telling me no one in this damn pack is worthy of a temporary Alpha position?"

"Okay...I have a suggestion."

Everyone turned their necks. One of the females who helped Pom in the kitchen stood up. "Trent is strong enough to be Alpha."

A burst of commotion bloomed. A lot of nays, hell no's and people standing up. "Just because he fucked you does not mean he's worthy of the Alpha position Cassie!" Some yelled out as the woman gasped and sat down angrily.

A few more suggestions given and all of them rejected. It was beginning to feel like they would never, ever find a solution of a replacement and War was not worried about such things, it seemed like.

Her mate seemed to be in a 'mood.' An odd isolated mood. She was sure if this wasn't a mandatory meeting that War would have picked her up and they would have been back in the room..

"I have a suggestion."

Everyone turned again. A man in a white lab coat with his arms crossed over his chest was standing. It was Doctor Wes. "I nominate War."

Whatever mood War was in, he sort of snapped out of it. His body went incredibly stiff and he held on to Pomelia tighter.

No one said a word. Pomelia really felt faint. Khan sighed. "Well...what? All of you gone mute? Yay or nay? Make some fucking noise. I said vote for who you want not just look around."

"War are you hearing this?!" She loudly whispered to him.

"Yeah.."

She gripped his hand tight, her headache increasing as people around them began to stand.

"War is a good male."

"Yeah he's cool."

"His mate surprisingly is not a prude."

"He's always helping the pups out. He's a good choice."

"War is badass. Yeah why not."

"His mate is so fucking nice."