•Twenty Seven•

"Good things always fall apart."

"Good. I am glad she has turned her wicked ways. Move on to your next assignment. Any requests before your next assignment?"

Makaria watched one of the attendants bow profusely as Artemis gave her the final decision on one of her assignments the woman had been working on for the past three years.

She did not want to share the same fate as that attendant. She wanted to be rid of Warren and Pomelia and go to earth to visit some dolphins. She adored sea life and had not been to Poseidon's domain in so long. Of course, she could not go anywhere while on assignment. She believed Pomelia and Warren were ready to be let go.

One of the most reckless men she had knowledge of had finally learned to love. He had announced his love to Pomelia a few days ago but Makaria knew it started much before his verbal declaration. Now Makaria just hoped her next assignment was not the man Trent...or god forbid Khan. She would just die. Well, disappear...

"Go!"

Makaria slipped from her thoughts as she was being pushed by the shoulder. It was her turn to have council with the goddess.

She bent her head down as she approached the goddess with her hands outstretched with her scroll of notes and tabs that she kept on the couple.

"Makaria of Thebes...you are ready for Warren to be set free of my eyes?" The goddess frowned, pressing her lips together tightly as she began to unravel the long scroll.

She dropped to her knees, and bowed generously. "Yes, mighty huntress."

No one spoke a word as the goddess read what she had written down. She hoped it was adequate. Glancing up she noticed that Artemis was whispering words of the gods while running her fingertip over her writings.

A small moon appeared, hovering over the paper and the scene began to play. One specific scene that had Makaria blushing and the other attendants giggling. When they were being intimate...

"Oh...so he did not pounce on her like she was a piece of grilled meat. Not impressive but I am surprised at Warren." Makaria had never felt so embarrassed before...watching that unfold...then having to see it once more in front of the goddess!

"So he is finally realizing what love is and that he is capable of such things."

Makaria nodded happily. The goddess did not seem so satisfied with her results though. "Yes, mighty huntress!"

The goddess twisted her mouth as her eyes scanned over the long scroll that Makaria had written up for the couple. "Yet he fails to reveal his true self," she spat, gripping the paper tightly. "It is inexcusable. He still remains on the same path of life. Should I end his life and have him stranded in Tartarus? Or maybe end her life and have her become one of my attendants."