•Thirty Four•

Do you believe a man can truly love a woman
And constantly betray her?

Do you believe a man can truly love a womanAnd constantly betray her?

War was a mess. He told himself he wouldn't freak out or cry in front of his mate or do any of those things Trent told him he would do, but as he kissed his mate probably for the last time in a long time, the damn broke.

He cried. Yeah. Big blonde tower of a man crying over a five foot nothing woman who held his heart, his life in her hands.

Pomelia was holding back tears too, as she wiped at her own. He knew she was scaring her, but he didn't have a choice. He just couldn't handle how much he fucked up with everything.

"Just read it."

He had no hope. He didn't have any ounce of it. When he came in, he thought Mei was going to murder him. She hurled insults at him like knives. He deserved it of course but he was already high strung and emotional. He just snarled at the bickering couple and made his descent up the steps.

The energy in the house was terrible. Full of anger and sorrows. He knew it was Nicks tears that filled the upper half of the house, but his wouldn't be the only once the day was done.

War felt like a kid again, waiting for his mother to lash out for him for doing something bad. Not even bad, he could breathe and she would be set off. Pomelia had a reason to be furious with him though, he drilled that through his mind as he gave his mate her space, pressing his back against the wall and watching her closely.

She began to read his letter, his confession, his lies.

He watched her eyes swell with tears and them roll down her flushed cheeks.
He watched the dent in her cheek appear, she was biting the inside of it.
Her knuckles were draining of color as she gripped the papers tightly.
Every tear that fell her from eyes, he could see their relationship being buried alive. Every tear was a shovel full of dirt.

She had flipped the page and was reading, reading while her nose was running, while her heart was beating so quickly that he knew she was soon going to go into a breathing attack. Her hands were shaking so terribly that he was surprised that she could even read.

War watched her smooth arms begin to sprout hair, her eyes brightening. One hand went to her chest and she held it...in pain.

"I'm sorry." He said those words like a broken record while his mate fell apart in front of him. She sunk to the floor in a fit of sobs. Her body shook from the pain of deception or from trying not to shift? He was sure her wolf was trying to force a shift, to get human side out of his predicament. This emotional turmoil that she was going through.

"Is this real?" She sobbed brokenly, clutching her chest. He could smell blood...was she piercing her skin with her claws? "It's not real..is it?" Her one hand was shaking so bad he could hear the paper rattling.