•Twenty Five•

Food is just another way to a mans heart.

Pomelia was confused

Pomelia was confused. Her emotions, feelings, body were all on cloud nine. Everything was so overwhelming in such a great way. It really made no sense. She went from dreaming of praying and fasting most of her life and dreaming of shifting...to being able to shift with a handsome and sweet mate. She was apart of a pack, a family.

"You okay?"

After War's long shower Pom had taken one and then rushed down the stairs and to the kitchen. She was going to be meeting the alpha and Luna such a beautiful pack. She would try and cook her best breakfast for the couple. Especially since she wanted to make a good impression on the two...

"Pomelia?"

She jumped, feeling War's solid body pressing against hers, pushing her gently into the counter. "War!" She squealed, her cheeks reddening as she squeezed out of a 'rock and a hard place' she seemed to think.

Whipping around, she glared at her mate. He smirked at her, Pom gripping her spatula tight. He was wearing a light blue shirt that hugged his muscular frame tightly. Not to mention his dirty blonde tendrils framing his masculine face. "You didn't answer me," was his reply as she glared at his hand that was out to grab her waist.

"I have to cook! You can't grab me when I cook War," she giggled as her mate frowned his broad shoulders slouching. She was sure she awakened a very...dormant part in War's body.

After what they did up stairs War had been solely focused on her. She wasn't sure if that was because of the intimacy they charged together or maybe because she agreed to keep quiet about the alpha's brother. Whatever the reason be, War was being incredibly attentive with her. Which was a little overwhelming since he already spent their time together silently watching her.

"Sorry," he murmured unconvincingly as she continued to cook breakfast while he helped her every now and then. By helped she meant that he would occasionally open a cabinet or tell her when he thought the pancakes were done. "I'm just hungry," War said aloud as she glanced back at him and realized he was looking at her and not the plate of pancakes stacking up.

"Pancakes are almost done," she blushed, pretending that she didn't see him openly gaping at her clothed body

Pom was happy for this time with War. He seemed more happy? Peaceful maybe, here more than at his own pack. Which she definitely wanted to ask him about later...

At the sound of light footsteps she turned her head with a smile knowing exactly who it was. "Good morning, Nick!"

Her face fell upon seeing the look on his face. His shirt was wrinkled. His sweatpants were on backwards and he was shaking. Before, Pom couldn't even get her words out, War was talking.

"What's wrong?" Her mate boomed, as Nick jumped but continued to slowly walk towards them. Concern gnawed at Pomelia as he suddenly paused, his chin beginning to shake. "Nick?"