•Twenty Two•

"Oh no..."

Makaria was in panic mode. Panic mode was actually an understatement. She was going into full dread mode. It was confirmed by King Zeus that Eris, the goddess of all things strife, contention and discord was meddling in Lycan affairs.

Not only was Eris bothering the goddesses children's, but Makaria was having a crisis with what was going on with her two assignments. The notorious Warren and Pomelia Grace had not received a break yet. Warren had foolishly marked Pomelia and now Makaria couldn't tell what would become of the poor girl.

That and she gossiped about it with the other women and now found herself bowing down in front of the goddess, attempting to save Pomelia Grace from dying because the goddess was severely disturbed about the situation.

"How dare they! You just cannot mark someone without proper thinking!" The goddess shouted, making the ground beneath them tremble with how loud her voice boomed.

Makaria winced, keeping her head bowed, trying to seem as submissive as possible. "I understand goddess but I think they both had the correct hearts when doing such an act....just not the right mind set."

"Of course they didn't! I have half the mind to tell the fates to cut her string! If he is that impulsive when it comes to her who knows what else that large idiot is thinking!"

She nodded her head, agreeing with the goddess. Makaria agreed that it was not a good idea of course but she also believed that the goddess shouldn't interfere! If Pomelia Grace died then she died, but if she lived then that would be wonderful! She wished to leave it up to the fates, not have the goddess intervene.

"I agree, my goddess," Makaria told her as she inched her head up a bit. "But I think the fates...I um," she mumbled, trying to find the correct words to say without insulting the goddess.

As she paused to find the correct wording, she could feel someone standing over her, not the goddess of course. "What were you trying to say, Makaria. Spit it out." Ugh. It was Callisto of course! Coming to lick the sandal of Artemis, which she does best!

"Callisto stand down. I am speaking with Makaria. I do not require aid." If Makaria was not so stressed about the current situation she would most likely snicker at Callisto being reprimanded. She had much more pressing issues though. "Now explain yourself, Makaria."

And here was her time to shine. "Goddess of Nature I mean no offense I just think that we have already...influenced their relationship enough already and that whatever happens should be left up to the fates now."

Silence stretched out, making Makaria even more nervous. For an extra measure to show her submission, she touched her forehead to the ground. "I suppose you are correct. Eris and Mnemosyne have influenced their lives. I suppose I have done so to."

Makaria hoped the Goddess didn't want her to answer that... "Alright. It is final. I will not ask the fates to break her string. Keep a close eye on them Makaria!"

"Yes goddess!"