Forty Six

"An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox."

⚠️mentions of rape⚠️

"Th-this is is horrifying."

All around Makaria, her and her sisters stood in absolute shock and fear as their earthly holy temple was ransacked. As beautiful souls were captured by the likes of evil. Makaria was holding the hand of another attendant. A girl she had known for a century now. She had died protecting her mother from an angry mob who thought they were witches back in the 17th century, when all they were was werewolves.

"I cannot watch this anymore!" One girl cried out, and began to call on their goddess Artemis.

Everyone else was quiet as they watched this unknown faction of earthly lycans desecrate and disrespect their goddess by stealing her most valuable earthly treasures, her holy people. Specifically women.

As the one attendant prayed to the goddess, no one joined her. Their great goddess had completely neglected or avoided them for the past two days.

Makaria could only pick up bits and pieces from what Callisto had told her friends. The goddess was away on Mount Olympus on business. The last time Makaria had seen her she was dressed for war. Against whom she wasn't sure but she was terrified about it.

Gods did not die but if they were injured it would take almost two centuries for them to heal. Everyone was on edge. Eve Callisto was pacing as pandemonium broke out across their brethren on earth.

"Peru is having a rogue revolt."

"Callisto call the hounds!" Someone shouted at the Eternal Maiden's first attendant. Makaria winced at the sound of the ground rumbling and Callisto's incredibly angry snarl.

"Do you not think I have tried that before?! The hounds are not coming to my aide. Everyone calm down until our goddess of the hunt comes back," Callisto announced, her spear piercing the ground, immediately calming down the raging worry of the girls. Well silencing their worry, they were still very much worried.

The attendants in the room out of pure sheer and worry one by one began to sink to their knees and offer up prayers to Artemis.

Makaria remained staring at the faces of the frightened girls who were stolen from the temple, the feeling of nausea hitting her strong. She carefully touched the orb that she was holding, and thought up whom she wanted to see.

Priestess Arana. What she could only liken to knots doubling in her stomach appeared as she watched the beautiful Priestess cry. Makaria had spent her times now watching the woman and had become attached to her as she had been attached to Pomelia. Probably even more. She wanted to go to earth and become friends with the two, of course that wouldn't be happening any time soon but the thought had her feeling warm inside.

She watched Priestess Arana walk with that foul mouthed Trent and immediately felt anxiety. This was her mission. Both of them were her mission and she didn't have any specific instructions. None at all.

She had extensively looked into Arana's past and now had to focus on his past. She knew it was going to be a lot of digging and she secretly loathed it. Even seeing glimpses of Warren's past had upset her but it had ultimately gotten her what she needed to help the couple...

Makaria was slammed out of her thoughts as the ground under them began to rumble so viciously she fell to the ground. At least her moonlight orb stayed in the air as she had the wind knocked out of her.

Now she was on the floor with the rest of the attendants as pure beams of moonlight began to stream out of thin air. Then a loud lightning bolt struck the ground.