•Forty•

Forgiveness is a process. A choice you have to make over and over, every day until you're hurt free.

 A choice you have to make over and over, every day until you're hurt free

Pomelia woke up to darkness...and engulfed in the scent of her mate. She immediately began to panic, as his hold on her tightened.

He was holding her, cradling her like a baby? "War?" She choked out, stilling as she felt his warmth and welcomed it. She shouldn't be like this. She shouldn't be in his arms. Not after everything....

"I...you cried yourself to sleep."

Pomelia was still as a statue. "You could've laid me down. Wh...what time is it?"

He stalled, silence eating them both up. "It's three am."

She had called her mothers number at 10pm she was sure. That meant War held her for five hours in this same position. Her eyes misted over again.

"Please...don't cry anymore." It was the softest plea she had ever heard.

Ever so softly her hand reached up to his face and she felt him push into her palm. Gods, what were they doing? What was to become of them? What did the goddess have planned?

He kissed the inside of her palm and Pomelia recoiled. His lips were so soft and his body so hard...

"You said I casted you away."

"You did," she said softly. He didn't talk to her, he just stared at her and when they made eye contact he would look away.

War's chest began to vibrate with a growl. "I was trying to give you space. Y-you hate me. I just..I wanted to give you space."

Hate? That word coming out of his mouth made her cringe, it twisted her heart into knots and her stomach. "I can't...I-I don't hate you."

Pomelia heard his breath catch in his throat. "I'm upset, disappointed, angry....hurt, and confused. I-I can't hate you, Warren."

He held her tighter. She was silent when she heard him sniffle a few times and even more silent when she reached up and kissed his wet cheek.

Pomelia felt like crying again as she reached higher to kiss his lips. She tried to hold back the tears, knowing that it would upset him but she couldn't.

The kiss was slow, and without lust...at first. Pomelia had succumbed to the terrible whims of arousal and had opened her mouth to invite his tongue in. She knew it was wrong, she knew it wasn't a good idea but these last two weeks had been a nightmare. A terrible dream.

As their kissed deepened and progressed, Pomelia tried to keep her hands to herself, but she couldn't. It was impossible. Her fingers drifted up his muscular, corded arms, loving the feel of his skin underneath hers.

"Pomelia..."

Her name huskily scratched out of his throat, his eyes glowing. "We have to stop," he said as her lips froze, just centimeters apart from his again. "You don't want this." She did though. She wanted to feel him, feel him like she had never felt someone before...what was she saying?