•Nine•

It only takes one spark
to start a fire.
~Mel

Pomelia had never been this excited for much of anything in her life

Pomelia had never been this excited for much of anything in her life. Her mate really was a sweet man. He wasn't upset that she couldn't shift...he complimented her new dress and she was beginning to thoroughly enjoy holding hands with him. She liked the feeling of his skin on hers and his rough large palm rubbing against her hand. It was so soothing...and overwhelming.

She couldn't believe that he let her do his hair. She was used to doing Sera's hair every day and enjoyed it a lot and for him to let her do his hair just made her so happy. She was so surprised that it wasn't worse than what she imagined. He only had one measly shampoo bottle in the bathroom and one dull comb. A razor was there but glancing up at his nice beard told her that he really didn't use the appliance all that much. She liked his beard anyway...it tickled when he kissed her and it felt nice on he neck.

"My pack mates are animals."

Pom was pulled out of her thoughts as her and War walked hand in hand on his pack lands. The sun was setting and streaks of orange, reds and pinks danced around the sky. It was really a beautiful scene. She never saw the outside much at the compound. The fact that she couldn't shift was more than enough of a reason that she was assigned in house chores and duties...

"....crude and shameless."

Her mate had been talking all along while she enjoyed the beauty of nature and he was talking rather awfully about the people he called pack mates. "War I don't like to judge people...it's okay. I'll make my own decisions. I'm sure they aren't that bad."

War seemed to have absolutely no faith in his pack members being good people. It wasn't a thing he believed in and that made her want to like his people even more. War was nervous for her to meet them so he wrote them off in the beginning so that she wouldn't get her hopes up.

It wasn't as if the people she met already were 'good.' Jess was very sweet but she hit and berated Alpha Khan and he did the same in return to her. She knew for a fact those weren't healthy or good tendencies yet she didn't snub her nose up at them. Maybe the priestesses at her home would but not her. She hoped to befriend Jess so much that she could eventually question her about Alpha Khan and her.

She didn't know War that well and she was sure he would never put his hands on her in anger, and she would never do that to him. She was sure if War even thought about it, it would prove disaster for her. She was so...weak unfortunately.

"I'm just preparing you."

Squeezing his hand lightly she smiled up at him. "It's okay, War." It was odd how her hands never sweat with her hand in his. Sometimes when they pray holding hands back at the temple her hands would be so sweaty or hot... She would have some problems.

As a few pack members passed by them every now and then, they would all stare her down and then receive a warm smile from her. Once they awkwardly finished their assessment of her their eyes bounced from War and her's adjoining hands then at War. Which only lasted a few seconds.