•Two•

"Emotions and Anxieties make first impressions, last."
~Mel

Pomelia Grace was embarrassed

Pomelia Grace was embarrassed. As she lay in one of the many rooms of the holy place, she felt the need to cover her face. Embarrassment and shame were two things that she had never really felt before. Yet just a mere ten minutes ago those two feelings and a host of other ones bombarded her body, battering her poor mind and nose until she fainted from it.

One moment she was serving the many alphas and prestigious pack warriors, then another moment an odd pulling sensation began to tug at her chest. It traveled to her fingers, her toes, it made her nose tingle and her head! Her head felt as if it was being split into two.

The unexplainable feelings of sickness rushed at her and made her spill her tray of drinks on the floor before she collapsed. She was sure she spilled the expensive drinks on someone important...

"Thank you. I will give this to her!"

At the sound of a familiar voice, she sat up slowly and clutched her head. Glancing down at her white gown, she let loose a mortified gasp. The drinks she was carrying in her hands were orange and a nice splotch of that awful color was now on her dress. She only had a few dresses since she was only a mere novice... She would have to get better immediately so that she could wash out such a stain...

"Pom, you're up!"

Glancing at the door, she saw a short, plump girl with a tray in her hands. The girl was trying extra hard to balance all that was on the tray, and Pomelia's mood instantly improved. It was Sera! Her closest friend in the temple. Her red hair peeked out from her veil as she set down the small tray of food and then smiled. A smile that made Pom's heart soar.

"Thanks Sera," she said as her friend handed her a piece of buttered toast. Pom wasn't really hungry but she knew one way or another Sera was going to make her eat food. She rather just eat it then argue with her friend.

"You're welcome. Are you okay? What happened? I was so nervous when I realized you fainted!" Her friend worried while glancing at her unsightly orange stain. Sera visibly shuddered.

Pom shrugged her shoulders, biting into the toast. "I'm not sure," she chewed. "I just...my head felt terrible and I felt just awful. My chest was hurting really bad too."

Sera gasped before pressing her hand to Pom's forehead. "You're only a quarter wolf right?" It was a sad fact that she was unable to shift. Supposedly her mother was a very...very weak omega and her father a human. Pom was considered an omega, a runt even. That specific word brought her pain, so she stuck to 'unable to shift.' She was an abandoned baby and almost wound up in the human orphanage system if it had not been for a holy Lycan sniffing over her little body and deciding that she could, in fact, live among them.