•Twenty Six•

"There is nothing more terrifying than realizing you're falling down a hole you can't get out of. Love."
~Mel

"So have you found out anything?" Alpha Reese was typing furiously on his phone while he and War sat at the dining room, waiting for their mates with the food

War found out a lot. Like Nick wasn't stable and had serious issues. That he no longer wanted the kid around Pomelia. Did he feel bad for him? Yeah he did and it sucked he had to go through whatever he went though but he wasn't putting Pomelia in harms way because of what happened to him in the past...

And that his mate was shy and beautiful in bed. He didn't expect her to let him anywhere near between her thighs but she did and he loved every second of it. He would have have much preferred his mouth than his hand between her thighs but she was much too shy for that. She kept her dress down while he brought her to orgasm. Which was much more erotic than he thought. She was even willing to help with his boner...which almost took him out.

He declined an offer for her soft hands to jerk him off. He declined because he felt like the villain. He wasn't being truthful with his sweet mate but he couldn't tell her. She was opening up to him, and they were in a good place. His past was not going to come in and fuck things up.

"Yo War. Are you just going to stare into space or?"

He sighed, giving Reese a look of disdain. He didn't want to talk about Ben or anything else. He wanted to drag his mate upstairs and tell her he needed to eat her like she was his last meal. He chuckled, thinking of the look on his innocent mate's face.

"Alright you're horny. I get it. You're mate is adorable as fuck but I pay the bills. Answer my damn question," Reese told him as War snapped his head towards the man telling him Pomelia was adorable. He knew she was adorable, cute, hot, sexy, beautiful. All those words he didn't need someone to tell him that.

"Still looking. I have a few leads," he broke, finally giving Reese some type of answer. "...And I found a page in his notebook that's suspicious."

Reese shrugged. "The whole damn thing is suspicious. You got three more weeks here. I need you to stop shitting around and find him. The LPA took some of his things but not the important shit like you have."

Reese was right. War had been bullshitting but that was because of Pomelia and her ailments. Now that she was fully healed and had her wolf it was time for him to get serious, find Ben and kill him.

"He'll be dead by next week."

Reese smirked. "That's what I like to hear! Then you can spend the rest of this month cozying up to your cute-"

"-My mate. She's my mate to you," he growled watching Alpha Reese chuckle as if that was amusing. His fist punching Reese's face was amusing.

"Alright lover boy. Calm down. I have my own mate whom I love the shit out of. You need any advice? I know Khan and Trent don't have any mates." That was true...he didn't really talk to the few mated pairs that they had in the pack. He should really, really take up Khan on his offer.