•Thirteen•

Communication is the key to opening
the door or slamming in shut.
~Mel

Pom was a woman with problems

Pom was a woman with problems. Extensive problems that would not be fixed overnight. The first problem was her injuries. They made her weak and heavily dependent on other people. Her multiple injuries embarrassed her. War's pack was full of strong and capable wolves. She was neither. Weak and fragile and different than most of the women who inhabited the pack, Pom was feeling not so great about herself.

Not only was she basically immobile, but her poor mate was tasked with helping her with everything. Her mind was pulled in so many different ways when it came to her mate.

War was so different. He was incredibly strong but he never flaunted his strength. She was sheltered in the priesthood of course but she saw the male priests and they constantly bragged about their intelligence and physical strengths. She was sure War could best almost all of those men and be so very quiet about it.

Pomelia was spiraling...quickly. She found herself thinking about the blonde haired man a lot. They had only known one another for a few days and she was thinking of things she shouldn't be thinking of. Like how their children would look. What it would feel like to...touch him. The few nights they did spend together in bed had been so comfortable yet confusing.

She wanted to keep distance from him...and she was fine with holding hands but her body always mysteriously was glued to him in the morning! Not to mention when his lips were on hers by accident. She thought about that a lot. War's lips and his body...just thinking about him made her cheeks hot.

Thinking about War in such a light had her feeling shameful. She was so ready to give up everything pertaining to having a mate and become a priestess not so long ago and now because of terrible lust was thinking of doing unspeakable things with War.

Not to mention Doctor Wes was no help! He had gently told her that her and War should refrain from having sex for maybe a week or two. His reasoning was because of how 'rough' some males can be during intercourse and as soon as he said that War came waltzing through the door! Ever since that moment, at least a half an hour ago she had been feeling warm and bothered!

Pomelia was thrown out of her thoughts when she felt cold air whipping around her hair. Looking around the car, her eyes landed on War.

"Are you okay, War? Is something wrong?"

He had picked her up from the infirmary in a car and loaded all of her possible contraptions to help her get around. She tried to convince him to let her at least hobble with a crutch to the car but he was having none of it.

His gaze lingered on her, before his nostrils flared and then his eyes cut to the road. "No," he snapped while gripping the steering wheel tight. He seemed a bit agitated? What did she do? Why was he lying when something obviously was worrying him? Then he sighed, loudly. "You're aroused."