•One•

"Violence doesn't stain your hands, but your heart."
~Mel

"We really have to attend this ceremony with all these old fucks and prudes?"

Crimson liquid combined with citrus smelling suds covered the porcelain sink. The small bowl was working overtime swallowing all of the mixed fluids, evident in the noisy sounds coming from the pipes and drains connected.

Weary, drone-like eyes kept their hold on gruff, calloused hands. No amount of scrubbing seemed to clean the dark liquid that stuck to his hands like glue. He was tired of washing his hands...

"Come on War, man. Your hands are clean."

Snapping out of his tired haze, he was pulled back to reality with the crude nickname bestowed upon him by his Alpha. Blinking a few times he glanced down at his hands. They were finally...clean.

Shutting off the scalding water, he wiped his hands quickly on the dark jeans he wore. Looking at the other man in the bathroom with him, he grimaced.

The tips of the man's dark hair were still stained red. His nails still held blood on them. His dark eyes held the same dead expression War usually held. "There's Blood... everywhere." He pointed to the problem areas of the man's body, watching the irritation heighten in him.

The man quickly walked over to the dirtied mirror and cursed. "Fuck War, if you weren't in Lala land you could've told me earlier," he snapped, turning on the faucet and dunking his head under the water.

While Trent focused on taking a birdbath, War focused on straightening up his clothes and sniffing them. The smell was revolting. "We smell," he said while pulling his clothes on.

No matter how much of a quick shower they both had they still reeked of it. Death, blood, gore. Trent snorted, and sneezed, quickly taking his head from under the water. "Yeah well, we're nothing special. They won't give a fuck about us."

Trent was right. No one cared for the two of them, except for Alpha. He wondered if the Lunar council would judge them for coming into such a holy place reeking of blood. The blood of rogues. It was frowned upon by the Lunar council to kill rogues yet everyone still did so... Especially Alpha Khan.

"Come on boys. We have to get going." A deep, loud voice echoed throughout the house.

Boys. They would always be boys. Even though both men were close to their thirtieth year on this earth. Well, at least that was what Sai would always see them as...

"Yeah, yeah we're coming!"

The two quickly exited the bathroom and rushed down the long winding staircase of the Alpha house. Once they made it to the foyer, they were immediately greeted by a man who smelled...clean. Scents could be deceiving though.

The man smiled, one full of teeth. Sharpened and threatening. His nails were elongated, to almost a half shift. His arms were covered in thick dark Lycan hair. Alpha Khan was in a constant state of oneness with his Lycan. To the point where he was more wolf than man... It was dangerous to continually stay in a half shift form but that's what Alpha Khan was. Dangerous.