•Twelve•

You don't have to know someone for very long to truly care about them.

Wes gave him an odd look

Wes gave him an odd look. "And that my friend is the last thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Could War handle anything else Wes was about to throw at him? No, he didn't want to handle it but he had to. "What else?"

"So she seems to be having some sort of amnesia problem. It's anterograde amnesia I think...so her short term memory is a little spotty. So she-"

"-She doesn't remember me?" War worried, suddenly feeling the nauseous feeling coming back again. Not only did she not remember him now, she was going to be completely confused and in a new environment. When it rained, it poured apparently in his case...

Wes slapped him on the back hard and he would've commented on it if he wasn't such a nervous wreck right now. "She remembers you, War. It's just odd. Her scans show no sign of traumatic brain injury or swelling, no concussion really which is common with these types of things, but she has none of that."

War had to dig the base of his palms into his eyes as to not get emotional. He thought it was over for he and Pomelia when he mentioned amnesia. He wasn't ready to ship her back to the priesthood and spend the rest of his days in turmoil, but he would if it was the best thing for her. "So what did she forget?"

"She forgot half of yesterday evening, so her short term memory has been impaired. It's odd though that she remembers the earlier events of the day," Wes frowned, obviously confused at what was happening with his mate. "Anyway, War I really need you my man, to be there for her. She's achey, in pain and upset. That means helping her get dressed, washing up, eating, moving. Everything."

What kind of man did Wes take him as? Of course he would help Pomelia with whatever she needed. "I'll help her with anything...but she's not upset with me?" He just had to throw that question in there again.

"I mean not for that argument. She doesn't recall that. She's probably upset with you over not being by her side. She woke up crying for you," Wes confesses to War as he felt his chest ache again. He never really felt bad for anything he did...maybe for some instances but he felt incredibly guilty for having Pomelia wait for him. "Alright, lets go in and talk to her."

War didn't know why he still felt nervous. Maybe it was because he never had to take care of anyone before or do much of anything concerning other people. It was always him looking out for himself...

Wes lead them into her room, where Jess was sitting on the side of the bed with tissues in hand. Pomelia was sobbing into tissues with her good hand.