•Eighteen•

Pom wasn't sure what the last word 'mutt' meant but she knew it probably wasn't a compliment

Pom wasn't sure what the last word 'mutt' meant but she knew it probably wasn't a compliment. She didn't focus on him though, instead she watched as War's scratches on his head were slowly healing. She was thankful for that... War was lucky that he had the genes to heal so quickly, unlike her unfortunately.

Once he was done packing up, he hopped into the front seat and sighed out loudly. "I hope that car didn't mean a lot to your mate. Deputies should be here any moment. I'll toggle with the report and it shouldn't leave any traces behind of you guys."

Pom had no idea what he was talking about, but it seemed like good things so she thanked him. "Thank you, officer Mach. I appreciate you helping us. I know the goddess favors you for serving both humans and your own lycan community."

He didn't say anything right away...instead he chuckled. "A female from the Bane pack caring about who the goddess favors? You don't see that often."

Pom didn't know why he kept on mentioning their pack...it didn't sit well with her really. She decided to switch subjects... "Do you guys have an infirmary? Nick is bleeding and I need someone to look at my mate."

She pressed her hand against War's chest, trying to feel his heart beat and was happy to know that it was still beating. "Yes the medic will meet you at the cabin you guys are staying at...how did you get all those injuries? Did you have a fight with your mate or something?"

Pom gasped, anger bubbling up within her. She didn't think that she had ever felt this angry in her entire life. The audacity of this man! "My mate is the sweetest, most gentle man I know. He would never hurt me. I fell down a hill if you must know," she glared at the back of the man's head. How could he make such an awful accusation like that?

"I'm sorry to offend. You must know the reputation of your pack."

She didn't care about the packs reputation, she cared for War's reputation and he was a good man. No matter who it was, she was going to defend her gentle giant of a mate from anyone who tried to upset or be mean to him. He was much too nice to be treated poorly.

"You didn't offend me, you offended my mate," she said while she continued to brush through his soft dirty blonde hair with her fingers.

"So...you said your mate is a warrior? What is your rank in the pack? What about you, Nick?" The man questioned them as she really didn't have an answer for him. She didn't know what her ranking in the pack was.

She supposed she could tell him the truth. "Well I'm fairly new to the pack so I'm not sure."

"What rank were you in, in your old pack? And Nick? Cat got your tongue?"