•Prologue•

"She was bored, so she created."
-Mel

Animals were driven with only a few instincts to live their lives by: to find food, shelter, and to mate

Humankind was driven by multiple things: lust, anger, hate, grief, jealousy, joy, and a host of other instincts and emotions. When lycans were created the goddess of such things thought it would be enthralling, exhilarating to see how such savage wolves and desensitized humans would meld together as one...

The result was disastrous. The select few humans she chose to go forward with her experiment with the strength of her sacred animal, the lupine, destroyed one another.

All of the humans she chose went mad with the power, abilities, and strength that came with the wolf gene. The goddess had succeeded in creating a unique race but had a hard time managing her creations without killing them out of anger.

Then she realized something. The more animalistic humans were, the more humanity they lost. Resulting in her few creations tearing apart one another or breaking out into the earth and wreaking indescribable havoc.

What were her creations missing? The bloodthirst, the lust had them becoming glutinous pigs, intoxicated with the power and strength she gave them. The ones on earth began to multiply quickly. Either through sexual relations or an aggressive bite wound to humans who were on the brink of death.

Human wit and movement with the strength and cunning mind of a wolf was a dangerous mix. Not only were they wreaking havoc on the earth but the other gods were beginning to wish harm on her unique creations.

She had to do something, but what? They had lost all of their...humanity it seemed. She needed her 'wolf humans' to have another reason to live other than to assert dominance and hunt. Then she thought of a concept. A concept that was loosely based on the human form of love...but something stronger. Much stronger.

After days of pinning away and summons from multiple gods and goddesses, she formulated her concept. A love that was pragma 'enduring love,' eros 'erotic love,' and a dash of mania 'obsessive love' to keep them occupied. Every Lycan would have someone that was destined for them. It was perfect. They finally had something to search for, to love for. They would spend the rest of their lives hunting for their other half and once they did peace would ensue.

Of course, they would find their other...well their other half at different points and times in life. Some would find their other half before pubescent age. Others would find them in their old age or even at the adult age. It was the perfect plan. All earthly creatures craved love, her creatures would be no different.

She just hoped that she had the correct amount of love mixed into everything. The goddess of the hunt never experienced romanticized love and never would. Artemis never had that insistent urge that her fellow god/goddess brethren held. Friendship was all she craved...