•Four•

"Being both soft and strong is a
combination few have mastered ."
Gentleman's Essentials

"Gentleman's Essentials

105, 106, 107-

"You should slump her on her seat. I'm telling you she's going to shit bricks."

A low growl sounded from War as he lost count of the freckles that speckled all over his mate's nose, cheek bones and lightly dusted her chin and around her plump lips. He was concentrated much too hard to loose count and a feeling of defeat and anger washed over him. Alpha Khan and Trent had talked amongst themselves in the front seat for the last forty minutes and left him in his peace. War took that time to familiarize himself with his mate's face. He thought she was gorgeous. He familiarized himself with her freckles, her nose, her thick eyebrows and of course the silky curls of her dark hair.

He was enjoying himself thoroughly, before his Alpha tore the concentration away from Pomelia and onto himself. "Alpha with all due respect he won't listen to shit. I made a joke and he did this shit to me," Trent snarled, through his bloodied rag he kept on his face.

"Each joke, something breaks," War whispered lowly as he smelt Trent's anger stinking up the car. Rot...a disgusting rotting scent that War had quickly gotten used to a long, long time ago. He was sure that his little mate's nose wasn't as developed, so he was surprised when she began to stir awake.

He was momentarily frozen as he watched movement behind her eyelids...then her eyes opened. The air drained from his lungs and as her molten chocolate eyes peered up at him in confusion. He could see the wheels mentally turning in her head as a look of realization suddenly dawned on her.

A gasp left her lips as she scrambled out of his hold and scooted to the other side of the seat. "Morning newest addition to the pack," Alpha Khan chuckled, adjusting the mirror in the car to look at Pomelia. War fought the urge to growl at his superior as he smiled briefly at Pomelia before re-adjusting the mirror.

"Where am I? We left the compound," she gasped, looking out the window with a look of fear on her face. She was shaking slightly, glancing at Alpha Khan before looking, to War, then at Trent. She was obviously intimidated by all of the male energy in the car.

He cleared his throat, rubbing his beard. "You're safe with me...I won't let anyone hurt you...we're going to my pack," he explained to her as her heartbeat began to increase. "...This is our Alpha, Alpha Sai Khan, and that's Trent," he said while unconsciously growling out Trent's name.

"Hi," she said shakily as both men murmured back some sort of half-assed greeting. Her eyes suddenly slid over to War, slowly raking over his appearance. He quickly tried to straighten his shirt, hating that he still was wearing 'dirtied' clothes. "Your name is War?"