•Twenty Eight•

Face your demons, fix your shit
and breathe.

War took the keys and hit the road

War took the keys and hit the road. He hoped that no human cops were around because the speed limit he was going was dangerous for anyone on the road. If he did get stopped he would probably rip the human to shreds at this point. He was too high strung. He needed to be calmed down...but he couldn't.

He made it to his pack in record time. He was sure his tires were seconds from lighting on fire with how fast he was driving.

Once he was on pack grounds, and near the alpha house he let himself in. He could smell the stench of alcohol. It was strong...

He could smell a familiar scent near too. He followed the two scents to the kitchen and watched the person closely. It was Trent...

Two bottles of alcohol were turned upside down above the sink. "Fuck you," Trent growled into the sink as he drained the two bottles. "What the hell are you doing here? And you smell...oh shit. Your mate gave you some ass?"

War didn't bother taking a shower. He wasn't trying to boast about anything he was just rushing...but then again he didn't care. He loved the smell of Pomelia. "What are you doing?" He questioned him right back as Trent cursed loudly before turning around. The man's eyes were red. Not from being high or from whatever other drugs he usually used but from crying it looked like...?

"The fuck it looks like? I'm dumping my booze," he snapped as he glared at War as if he did something to him. "My allergies are fucking with me."

War nodded his head...even though he knew they didn't have allergies. "Trent what are you doing?" He asked again.

Trent let loose a threatening growl. " I talked to that Tyra Banks bitch...she won't let me near her if I smell like fucking booze."

So it was the priestess who had him acting like he had no sense? "Why would she let you near her?"

"Because I signed up for absolution and penance sessions with her."

"What?"

Trent gave him a threatening look. "I just fucking said it...I don't want to talk about it. I got your mates stupid file too. On the table."

War glanced at the table and walked over to the few Manila envelopes laying there. He grabbed the one that had Pomelia's name on it.

He opened the file and saw a picture of Pomelia when she was a baby. It gave him a warm feeling, a happy one. It was soon thrown down the drain upon reading her paperwork thoroughly.

His brain went dead. His hands felt numb as he gripped the pages tightly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" War yelled out into the air. He was specifically yelling at the fucking bitch of a goddess. Her nerve. The nerve of her!