•Twenty Four•

"It's scary when someone brings so much happiness to your life because at any second they can leave and take it with them."
~Unknown

Pom couldn't sleep

Pom couldn't sleep. Her mind ran a million miles per minute. Everything was so new, so fresh, so alive. She had her wolf now. She felt complete. After all the years she endured being 'human' like she finally felt like she belonged. The only thing that used to tie her to lycanthropy was the fact that she would get a heat, but now she had claws. She had fur. She could smell...so well.

Not to mention her wolf. She was having an internal war with Pom. The other part wanted to do everything Pomelia wasn't so sure about. She was a bit more aggressive then her and she even threatened to kill the birds outside at night. Apparently her wolf did not appreciate them singing the middle of the night. Another big problem with her wolf was War.

With the overwhelming feelings she had for him coupled with the complete infatuation her wolf was currently dealing with concerning their mate, she had told him she loved him. It was true. Pom had never seen someone do things for her out of the kindness of their heart. Even the people at the compound would always say their kindness was just due to praising the goddess...but not War. He had been kind and sweet on his own accord and that just made Pomelia tumble quickly down a rabbit hole of lust and love for the man.

Even though War didn't say it back yesterday she knew he cared for her. She was sure people process feelings different and she knew for a fact that was how War's brain worked. Was it a little disappointing that he didn't say it back? Yes, but she knew he cared for her. That would be enough right now. Her wolf was a different story though.

Her wolf had littered her mind and thoughts with War. His body, his voice, his lips. Her wolf was obsessed with the male and she had tried many times throughout the night to not be touching War.

Unfortunately he always wraps his arm around her and pulls her close against his chest. The only problem was that his erection...which he had mostly every night into the morning was especially digging into her behind and lower back and her wolf was begging to do something about it.

Before Pom knew it, her wolf was pressuring her to grind against War. She tried to fight the urge as best as she could, but experimentally pressed against War's straining member. Pom's wolf wanted to go further than that, but she shut the lustful wolf out of her mind even though the animal was trying to break down the confides of her mind.

Pom froze when she heard a growl leave her mates lips. Then she felt his hand travel over her hip, grabbing her tightly. Pressing her against his erection even more.

Biting her lip softly, she tried to stop the moan bubbling up within her. War's arousal was ready to choke her, not to mention his fingers digging into her hip, and the soft growling in her ear.

Then his phone rang. War stiffened against her before she felt him moving and shifting in the bed.

"What?!" War snapped lowly into the phone, almost making her jump.