•Thirty Eight•

I'm upset that you lied,
But I'm more upset that I can't believe you.

"Peel all those potatoes, okay? Then let em boil

"Peel all those potatoes, okay? Then let em boil. Making a big batch of mashed potatoes today."

Pomelia nodded her head silently, and took the potato peeler to a large beat up potato. She began slicing the bronzed skin of the potatos carefully, making sure to get all of the skin off of each one.

It had been her sixth day working in the kitchen and the woman in charge of it had made her cook a small breakfast for her the first day of her kitchen duty. Pomelia did and exceeded the woman's expectations. Since then she had taken a lot of responsibility in the kitchen. She enjoyed cooking, it took her mind off of everything.

She was exhausted though. She cooked breakfast at the Alpha house then would rush to the dining hall for the pack. Why did she do it? She couldn't...she didn't know why. She knew Alpha Khan didn't appear in the dining hall in the mornings, and Trent always slept in. Plus the new female Lo was heavily pregnant. She would hate for a woman carrying to have to walk all the way to the dining hall for a hot meal. The last reason she cooked was because she knew he didn't like to be around a lot of people...and the dining hall was always packed.

"Hey priest lady!"

Pom turned her head slightly and smiled at a few women who were coming in to help cook. They were late. Everyday. One woman always smelt like sex, the others smelled of alcohol and cigarettes, maybe?

They each quickly fell into their respective zones, and of course turned up the blaring human music they always listened to while cooking. Pom found herself tapping her foot to the beat sometimes and the girls would all smile when she did so.

"...Yes, Trent! The best sex I ever had. He was so wild, it was kind of crazy but in a hot way." Pom couldn't help but listen to the girls gossiping.

One woman scoffed. "Trent? Seriously? He looks like he wants to burn down the entire world and you're telling me he hit on you first?"

"I know! I was walking home and his car almost hit me and I kind of blacked out on him. He said sorry!" They all gasped. "Then he asked if I wanted a ride and he smoked me up, ate me out and screwed the attitude right out of me."

They all squealed.

Pom felt her cheeks burning. Sex was a normal topic for the kitchen crew. The conversation always revolved around males and females bodies in the pack.

"So on a scale from 1-10 how good was it?"

"I'd say an 8. Did I mention he had a toga on?! Oh and an 8 just because he didn't kiss me and did doggy. It was great but I like eye contact...oh and that tongue!" They all burst out into fits of giggles while Pom's brain was burning to make sense of their talk. Everytime they spoke of sex, Pom would think of her limited yet passionate experiences with him and felt like crying.