Forty Three

"I don't want to have a conversation with you anymore," Pomelia sniffled, her anger rearing it's ugly head again. She couldn't believe she was going through this right now. Her mother was holding her captive in a car.

Erica was tapping her shortened nails on the steering wheel. "I'm not sure why you're crying. I'm trying to help you, not harm you. You're my first born and I only want whats for the best. I really think you should consider going to a temple to see if they can purify your mark and get it taken off."

"I said already I love him and we're...we're working through this. I don't know what else you want me to say. I'm not leaving him. I'm not leaving War," she wiped at her face, looking out the window at a couple passing them by.

They were clinging to each other, and sneaking kisses as they walked. Pomelia wished to be like that with War, right in this moment, of course she couldn't though. "What about that pack? I know for a fact you don't agree with Khan. Adlai Sai Khan is a monster and he is untouchable due to an idiotic agreement the founder of LPA made with Khan's uncle. I know you don't want to stay there."

Well, that was true. Khan was a horrible male who treated War terrible, he treated her nice though. Khan had made War do things he wasn't comfortable doing. He was awful... "My mate owes Khan his life. We can't leave...my mate doesn't like Khan either." War always would say khan would kill him if they left. They had no where else to go anyway...

"If Warren dislikes Khan he should challenge him. Even the most backwards of pack Alphas has to accept a challenge. If he loses then War could appoint himself or someone else as Alpha. You two could shift the entire pack in the right direction or have the freedom you need and Khan would be dead."

Death? She couldn't imagine War killing someone...even though he's done it plenty of times apparently. War being Alpha? She would be a Luna... She couldn't even possibly think of herself as a Luna. "Can I leave now?"

"Will you take everything that I've said into consideration?"

Pomelia would. She was angry and upset about how this night went. She was furious that her mother who didn't even know her judged her mate and her so harshly. She was upset that her mother assumed she wanted to get rid of War. She was all of those things but she couldn't deny that a challenge was...intriguing. She couldn't bring it up to War though. She would be too nervous to.

"I-I already have and I won't change my mind on Warren being my mate."

Erica Grace pressed her lips firmly against each other, in a thin line. She seemed upset, annoyed that Pomelia wasn't going along with her plan she probably thought up a lot. "Well I guess you made up your mind."

"I-I can tell you like to fix things...I'm not something that can be fixed. I'm fine, and me and War will be in a better position soon. I really appreciate it...you reaching out to me a-and caring so much. I'm not the baby you abandoned, I'm a woman now."

Pom felt like crying again as she stared at the woman's hardened facial features. She was fighting her emotions, hard.

"I need to speak to your mate about when he killed Alpha Reese's brother. If you could call him and we can speak quickly that would be appreciated. I don't want to question him in front of my daughter or my husband."

Pomelia sighed. Her mother had run out of ways to reprimand and guilt trip her into breaking up with War. "Um sure. I'll call him."

"I don't want you hurt," she said quickly. "I think about you everyday and it makes me sick worrying about you. I just want to help you now because I wasn't able to when you were younger." Pom was surprised she even said that...but she appreciated it.