Chapter 264 Mechanical Puppets and Great Yin Technique

On the wilderness, a lizard several feet long emerged from a weathered rock, ready to begin its day of hunting. However, just as it left its nest and was a few dozen feet away from the rock, a huge yellow monster suddenly leaped out from the sandy soil nearby. With its two front claws and mouth, it viciously pounced on the lizard and effortlessly snapped its neck. Then, it picked up the corpse and hurriedly ran off in a certain direction.

This monster, with its four long claws and tail, sharp mouth, resembled a giant lizard, but its body was stiff, and as it ran, it made creaking sounds, resembling a mechanical puppet.

After running for more than a mile, the creature arrived beside a yellow-robed man who was meditating on a flat stone. It dropped the corpse beside the man and ran off again.

The yellow-robed man showed no surprise or change in expression.

With a calm wave of his hand, the lizard's corpse floated to his side, suspended several feet above the ground, motionless.

Then, the yellow-robed man pointed a finger at the lizard's head and chanted some words.

Soon, the finger began to emit a faint white light, gradually becoming dazzling.

"Snap."

Seeing that the timing was right, the yellow-robed man let out a low growl.

A white line suddenly shot out from his fingertip, piercing deep into the lizard's skull. The man then struggled to pull it back, his expression tense and cautious.

Under the careful gaze of the yellow-robed man, the white line hooked out a green light ball from the dead lizard's body, floating lightly, about the size of a thumb.

The yellow-robed man was overjoyed at the sight.

With a flick of his other hand, a pale yellow small bottle appeared in his palm. Then, with a soft sound, several rays of light shot out from the bottle, wrapping the green light ball and sucking it in.

Only then did the yellow-robed man breathe a sigh of relief, wiping the fine sweat from his forehead. Clearly, the previous action had consumed a considerable amount of his energy.

"This Soul Pulling Technique is not something that a cultivator in the early Foundation Establishment stage can easily perform. The success rate is also too low. I can only succeed once every three or four attempts. Looks like I'll be stuck here all day." The yellow-robed man muttered to himself, looking at the small bottle in his hand with a hint of helplessness on his face.

This man was none other than Han Li, practicing the Great Yin Technique.

Just like his previous actions, Han Li was collecting the souls of some animals in this wilderness, a practice usually associated with practitioners of the demonic path. However, it appeared in Han Li's case because of his study of the Puppet Technique Scriptures.

After initial study of puppet crafting techniques, Han Li discovered that crafting puppets not only required materials commonly used in refining artifacts but also required the fusion of some living souls and materials to truly succeed. Otherwise, the puppets produced would lack any spirituality, similar to ordinary dolls.

The higher the grade of the puppet, the stronger the soul needed to be, in order to fully unleash the puppet's effectiveness. Therefore, the Puppet Technique Scriptures also included three spells commonly used in the demonic path: Soul Pulling Technique, Soul Condensing Technique, and Soul Refining Technique.

Among them, the Soul Pulling Technique was the spell Han Li had just performed to extract the soul from the corpse.

This spell not only had low power and a low success rate but also could only be used on freshly deceased bodies. Compared to the powerful soul techniques used by practitioners of the demonic path, its power was vastly inferior.