Chapter 290 Little Prince

Prince Xin smiled as he looked at the cheering crowd, feeling somewhat pleased with himself.

In the past, cultivators used to frequently appear in the homes of the wealthy and aristocratic families. However, for some reason, they gradually disappeared from society and ceased to interact with ordinary people. As a result, figures like immortal masters had become almost legendary. Even for someone like Prince Xin, who belonged to the royal family, it was his first time encountering real cultivators.

Now that the old Daoist had demonstrated his remarkable technique, it shocked everyone present, naturally boosting Prince Xin's prestige.

Of course, Prince Xin was unaware that the period when cultivators frequently appeared in the mortal world was before the Immortal Ascension Conference.

During that time, some wandering cultivators and low-level cultivators from prestigious families, who felt hopeless in their cultivation, willingly indulged in the worldly pleasures of ordinary life. However, with the emergence of the Immortal Ascension Conference, cultivators found hope in advancing to a higher realm, so they secluded themselves in remote mountains to cultivate diligently. They were no longer willing to appear in the mundane world.

Of course, there were exceptions, like Yu Zitong, who lost their dedication to cultivation and fell into decadence while refining themselves in the mortal world. However, such cultivators were rare. Even those who became guests of prestigious families kept their identity concealed, not wanting others to know that they were cultivators serving mortals, which was considered extremely shameful in the cultivation world.

As a result, while there were many cultivators in the mortal world, those willing to associate with the powerful and influential were few. Even those who were willing to become guests of wealthy families kept their identities hidden to avoid ridicule from other cultivators they might know.

The onlookers, who had never encountered other cultivators before, were naturally amazed by the old Daoist's skillful manipulation of fire, making it seem as if he was controlling flames with ease.

With everyone's awe-inspiring gaze, the white-haired old Daoist returned to the hall with a hint of pride.

Those who hadn't been tested yet couldn't wait to call out "Immortal Master" and immediately crowded around, eager for the Wu Immortal Master to examine their spiritual roots.

The old Daoist was still lively and accepted the remaining people one by one.

Unfortunately, among those remaining, including the elderly man surnamed Hua and the descendants of Qin Yan, none of them possessed spiritual roots; they were all just ordinary mortals.

This news was quite a blow to those who had just been tested, and they left the old Daoist feeling disheartened.

It seemed that having the chance to become an immortal was not so easy to come by!

This highlighted the rarity of "Tong Jing's" extraordinary spiritual roots even more, causing others to envy him. Even the father and son standing beside the old Daoist couldn't help but grin broadly, unable to contain their joy.

Han Li remained composed, observing as Qin Yan returned with the gloomy young master and miss of the Qin family, who seemed slightly embarrassed upon seeing him.

"I still can't accept it. Why does that useless brat have spiritual roots while we don't? Each of my people is hundreds of times stronger than him!" a petite young lady from the Qin family grumbled, still discontented.

"Enough with your nonsense! If you don't have the fortune, what's the use of complaining?" Qin Yan's face darkened as he reprimanded the young lady before sitting down.

This rebuke caused the fiery tempered Qin family member to pout, still showing signs of dissatisfaction.

At this moment, the elderly man surnamed Hua arrived with the young man and woman. They silently sat down beside Qin Yan.

After exchanging glances, they simultaneously smiled wryly, showing signs of a difficult relationship.

"Brother Qin, it seems that the chubby fellow Tong is about to become lively!" Elder Hua joked.

"Hmm! That's quite normal. Who wouldn't be excited when they have a good son and an immortal master to rely on!" Qin Yan sighed, seemingly helpless.

"However..."

Elder Hua and Qin Yan began conversing with each other.

Although they spoke with each other, they were still paying attention to the movements of the Wu Immortal Master and Prince Xin.

At this moment, Prince Xin, seeing that all the younger generation guests had tested their spiritual roots, turned his head and whispered something to a maid beside him.

The maid immediately retreated from the side door, presumably to carry out some task she had been assigned.

Prince Xin then turned back, coughed a few times, and smiled before speaking slowly:

"Next, in celebration of Princess Ai's recovery from her strange illness and my son's apprenticeship to the Wu Immortal Master, let's all celebrate together!"

After saying this, Prince Xin enthusiastically raised his hands and clapped twice.

*Clap* *Clap*

As applause rang out, pairs of neatly dressed servants and maids carrying black lacquered trays began entering the hall from the main entrance. They carried various delicacies and bottles of fine wine, which they placed on every table, filling each wine glass with pink-colored wine, filling the hall with the aroma of food and wine in an instant.

"Come, let me offer everyone a toast!" Prince Xin raised a wine glass handed to him by a servant and loudly declared.

"Your Highness, please!"

...

In the hall, the atmosphere immediately became lively as everyone began to exchange toasts.

The banquet had finally begun!

Prince Xin and his mistress Qing Er moved among the tables, chatting and laughing with close friends without a trace of royal airs.

The prince's reputation was well-deserved, which explained why Qin Yan and the others held him in such high regard.

The Wu Immortal Master, however, did not join the banquet. He quietly left when Prince Xin raised his glass, leaving many who wanted to establish a relationship with the immortal disappointed.

But thinking about it, it was only natural. How could someone like him, an immortal, behave like ordinary people, indulging in feasting and revelry?

Once they realized this, those people gave up and relaxed, focusing on enjoying themselves with others.

As the banquet progressed, Prince Xin even summoned a group of palace dancers to perform graceful dances, adding to the festive atmosphere and elevating the mood to a climax.

Just then, a young man in his twenties emerged from the hall. Dressed in white, he exuded a refined and elegant aura, captivating the hearts of many young maidens with his genteel demeanor.