Chapter 367 Protection and Settlement

Upon hearing Han Li's inquiry, Wang Changqing revealed a somewhat bitter smile.

"Master, you jest," Wang Changqing explained cautiously. "Although the esteemed cultivators possess storage bags, they treasure them immensely and wouldn't lend them to us mortals for mundane items. Besides, each transaction between the major islands involves large quantities of goods, and while the storage bags of the esteemed cultivators are indeed wondrous, they can't hold much. Moreover, esteemed cultivators wouldn't engage in such menial tasks of transporting goods!" Wang Changqing carefully explained to Han Li.

Upon hearing this, Han Li nodded in silence, sinking into contemplation.

After a while, he spoke faintly, "I'm afraid I cannot assist Master Gu in this matter. My cultivation level is simply too low, and even if I were to agree, it would only bring disgrace upon myself. I suggest Mr. Wang convey the truth to Master Gu and let him seek another solution. As for the price for transporting me to Kui Xing Island, I will pay some spirit stones as compensation."

Han Li's tone was cold and resolute.

The old man's complexion whitened slightly upon hearing this refusal.

He then pleaded with Han Li, "Master, please, help our Master Gu! For the sake of this business, Master Gu has already expended a considerable amount of resources. And to qualify for the challenge, he has spent a large sum of spirit stones. Without obtaining the qualification for inter-island commerce, the Gu family will face bankruptcy. We workers will also lose our jobs and have to find other means of livelihood." The old man's face was filled with pleading.

"My cultivation level is indeed low, and I am unwilling to stir up trouble as soon as I arrive at Kui Xing Island," Han Li replied expressionlessly, shaking his head decisively.

Seeing Han Li's determination, the old man dared not offer further persuasion and could only chat with him about local customs and matters of his keen interest.

Half an hour later, seeing that the old man was growing weary, Han Li asked him to rest first and return tomorrow for a lesson on the local language.

Wang Changqing had already felt tired and, seeing Han Li's consideration, did not refuse, but left without further ado.

Han Li watched the old man leave and respectfully close the wooden door behind him, sighing softly.

Although he had some refreshing and even beneficial elixirs on him, he showed no intention of giving them to the old man to take.

In a strange place, it was best to keep one's wealth hidden! Otherwise, unnecessary trouble could be provoked, even leading to danger.

After thinking this through, Han Li sat cross-legged on the bed and took out a bottle of "Yellow Dragon Pill" from his body. He took out a pill and swallowed it, then began to cultivate his qi.

He had to restore his cultivation level as soon as possible. After all, no matter the cultivation world, strength spoke volumes!

But Han Li had only meditated for a short while when footsteps could be faintly heard outside.

Although he did not open the door, his divine sense had already spread out, capturing everything outside in his mind. It turned out to be Wang Changqing, the old man, returning, accompanied by Master Gu, with an anxious look on his face.

Han Li's brows furrowed lightly.

Trouble had come! Obviously, Master Gu was not giving up and wanted to entangle him again.

If it were still in Tian Nan, Han Li would have stopped the other party with a cold word, not allowing them to enter the room again.

But now that he had just arrived in a strange place, it was best not to appear too indifferent.