Chapter 366: Master Gu's Business

Wang Changqing continued:

"Ordinary people like me who live on various islands either have to perform labor or pay spirit stones to reside there. Otherwise, they are not allowed to stay on the island. Because these islands are all protected by immortal arts, we don't have to fear attacks from monsters or storms, allowing us mortals to live in peace. And since the immortals are powerful, most of us mortals will try to hire one or two to accompany us when we travel far by sea. This way, if we encounter sea monsters, we have a chance to survive. Of course, those willing to be hired by us mortals are usually the ones with more freedom."

"Storms?" Han Li's face showed a hint of puzzlement when he heard this term.

He knew about monsters, but he had never heard of this "storm" before.

"Hasn't the place where the immortals lived before been attacked by storms?" The old man looked surprised.

"I've never seen storms where I practiced before! What exactly is a storm, that it can be compared to monsters?" Han Li said casually, seeming unconcerned.

Hearing Han Li's words, Wang Changqing felt somewhat doubtful, but he still explained earnestly:

"Storms, monsters, and ghostly mists are known as the three great natural disasters of the Chaotic Star Sea. I'm sure the immortal must know more about monsters than I do. Most of the monsters in the sea are enormous and skilled in water-based techniques. We mortals are definitely unable to deal with them. Only the immortals can possibly kill them."

"As for storms, they appear twice a year from one end of the Chaotic Star Sea and sweep towards the other end like clockwork. Wherever they pass, the waves are monstrous, and houses are destroyed, leading to loss of life. If one lives on an island protected by immortal arts, we mortals are definitely in grave danger. It's said that even if the immortals are caught in the storm, it's extremely difficult to escape, and they may even perish in it." Wang Changqing's face showed a hint of fear as he spoke.

"What about ghostly mists? What kind of natural disaster is that?" Han Li continued to ask without changing his expression.

It's better to understand these three great disasters thoroughly, just in case!

But when Han Li asked this question, the old man finally became certain that the immortal in front of him really knew nothing about the sea, not even the most mysterious of the three great disasters, the ghostly mist. He wondered where this immortal had been practicing all this time. Could it have been on land? But this was the Chaotic Star Sea; apart from other sea areas, where else could there be continents nearby?

Suppressing his curiosity, Wang Changqing continued to explain:

"Ghostly mist is the most terrifying and mysterious of the three great disasters of the Chaotic Star Sea. It's said to be black mist that often appears unpredictably on the sea surface. Not only do we mortals die upon seeing it, even the immortals cannot escape its grasp. No living being caught in this mist has ever come out again, not even the immortals! Although this mist is powerful, it usually appears in a certain area and never approaches larger islands. As long as one avoids it in time, one can survive. So, although it's frightening, it actually causes the fewest deaths among the three great disasters." The old man revealed a hint of relief as he spoke.

Listening to this, Han Li started to ponder.

"What kind of place is this? If what they say is true, then my plan to find a small island with spiritual energy and cultivate alone might be in jeopardy. Otherwise, encountering these so-called storms and ghostly mists would be too unjust."

Han Li felt a bit frustrated!

Seeing Han Li's expression after hearing his explanation, the old man became uneasy.