Chapter 274: Appointment

"No, it's just that the disciple looks very similar to an old friend I haven't seen in a long time," Nangong Fairy's eyes lost their unusual color and returned to their usual coldness.

These words left a bitter taste in Han Li's heart.

"Oh, that's quite a coincidence!" Li Huayuan smiled and said, glancing at Han Li again. But Han Li remained calm, showing no signs of anything unusual.

After exchanging glances, the other cultivators also showed expressions of understanding, but whether they truly believed this statement, only heaven knew!

Nangong Fairy knew that her words were hard to believe, but she left without any explanation. After she left, the others glanced at Han Li with deep meaning before bidding farewell to Li Huayuan and his wife.

The smile on Li Huayuan's face gradually disappeared after seeing off all the guests. He furrowed his brows and turned to Han Li, saying calmly, "Come with me, I have something to ask you."

Seeing this, Han Li inwardly sighed and could only comply. The young female disciple, on the other hand, gently comforted Han Li before following them into the house.

When Han Li entered the living room, Li Huayuan was sitting in a chair, looking pensive. The young woman sat close beside him.

"Do you know Senior Sister Nangong from the Concealed Moon Sect?" Li Huayuan stopped his contemplation as Han Li approached and asked directly.

Han Li remained silent for a moment, carefully weighing his words internally. Realizing that Nangong Fairy's strange behavior had been noticed, he knew he couldn't evade the truth and reluctantly nodded, admitting, "Disciple did have a brief encounter with Senior Sister Nangong!"

Li Huayuan was somewhat surprised to hear Han Li's easy admission. His expression softened.

"What's the matter? Can you tell us about it?" the young woman asked curiously. Nangong Fairy had denied knowing Han Li earlier, but now he claimed they were acquainted. There must be a story behind this.

Li Huayuan and his wife exchanged glances, and after a moment of consideration, Li Huayuan seemed to want to know the truth and said slowly, "Since you've promised someone not to disclose this matter, we won't force you. But I must remind you, it's best to avoid too much contact with Senior Sister Nangong! The Concealed Moon Sect's members are skilled in charm techniques, and I fear you might unwittingly fall under her influence. However, seeing that you're clear-minded and articulate, I feel relieved."

Han Li felt relieved upon hearing this and quickly agreed.

Li Huayuan, satisfied with Han Li's respectful attitude, began to discuss Han Li's cultivation issues with him in a friendly manner. Han Li listened attentively, not wanting to miss any of Li Huayuan's advice.

After a while, Li Huayuan unexpectedly brought up a surprising topic.

"Han Li, I have a personal matter to entrust to you. Are you willing?"

"A personal matter?"

Han Li was taken aback but quickly agreed, "Master, please feel free to instruct me. I will do my best to fulfill it!"

Li Huayuan was pleased with Han Li's prompt response. He stood up and paced around the room before solemnly saying, "It's not something particularly dangerous! I need you to act as a bodyguard for a while and ensure the safety of a certain family for me!"

"A bodyguard? Protecting someone?" Han Li was puzzled but listened attentively to Li Huayuan's explanation.

"I originally intended for your Fourth Senior Brother, Song Meng, to do this, but recently I heard rumors about you killing many rogue cultivators. It surprised me and your senior martial sister quite a bit! I never expected that a formidable cultivator like you would emerge from my disciples. I've heard that even disciples from the other six sects talk about it! So, I feel more at ease entrusting this task to you!" Li Huayuan smiled, indicating his current good mood.

The young woman beside him also smiled and added, "Besides, Senior Brother Song Meng has always been sheltered in the Green Wave Cave since childhood and lacks worldly experience. He may not handle this matter well. Moreover, the person you will be protecting is an ordinary human."

Han Li smiled awkwardly at Li Huayuan's praise but couldn't help but wonder why he, a Foundation Establishment disciple, was needed to protect an ordinary person. However, Li Huayuan seemed to sense Han Li's confusion and explained:

"The person I want you to protect is the descendant of a senior brother of mine who once saved my life. Unfortunately, his only son is a mortal without spiritual roots, unable to cultivate. He can only live in the mortal world. After my senior brother passed away, I swore to ensure the safety and prosperity of his descendants as long as I live. Therefore, this family has thrived under my support for several generations. However, I recently received news that disciples from the Six Devil Sects may infiltrate the mortal world and target some of the ordinary people we secretly support, attempting to disrupt the supply of ordinary materials to our seven sects. This family's relationship with me might make them a target for the devil sects, so I need someone capable to ensure their safety in case of any trouble. Of course, if the devil sects don't bother them, that would be even better."

Han Li nodded understandingly.

"Alright, I'll write a letter to the current head of this family, explaining your identity and situation. He is the only one who knows about the past between me and his ancestors. I've already made arrangements so that you won't be punished for leaving on this mission. Here's a jade slip with detailed information about this family. Pack your belongings and leave tomorrow morning to avoid any delays!" Li Huayuan instructed.

"Yes, Master!" Han Li bowed respectfully and agreed.

...

Han Li sat on the Divine Wind Boat, speeding through the sky.

He wasn't heading to Yue Du, where the ordinary family he was supposed to protect resided, but was flying towards the direction of Yuanwu Kingdom.

Taking advantage of this relatively free task, Han Li decided to first fulfill his appointment with Qi Yunxiao and see if the array master could repair the damaged formation that seemed to be a ancient teleportation array.

This would be his last resort if the seven sects were defeated in the final battle. Otherwise, he would be constantly hunted down by the devil sects, leaving him with no time for cultivation.

After estimating the time needed for the trip, Han Li realized that if everything went smoothly, he would only need about twenty days round trip, which wouldn't delay Li Huayuan's mission. Therefore, he proceeded with confidence.

Qi Yunxiao and Han Li had agreed to meet at a tea house in a small town in Yuanwu Kingdom.

According to him, the tea house was owned by one of his subordinates, so Han Li should have no trouble contacting Qi Yunxiao once he arrived.

Han Li flew swiftly, ignoring any cultivators he occasionally encountered, and continued on his journey without stopping. After flying day and night for seven or eight days, Han Li finally arrived at a small place called "Golden Horse City."

To avoid causing a stir, Han Li put away his magical treasures when he was still several miles away from the

small city, descended to the ground, and then walked leisurely toward the city gate.

Although Golden Horse City was not large, it was bustling with people coming and going, giving off an air of prosperity.

Han Li, with his ordinary appearance and wearing a slightly worn Confucian robe, blended into the crowd easily as he walked toward the city gate.

This tea house, though not well-known, was easy to find. Han Li casually asked a child for directions and soon found himself standing in front of the "Clear Spring Tea House."

Curious, Han Li stood there for a moment, taking in the sight.