Chapter 379 Setting Sail (Part Two)

"Welcome, Friend Qu, I am Feng Sanniang from the Six Linked Palaces. I am responsible for presiding over the array along with everyone else." A middle-aged woman in her forties stood up with a smile.

Although this woman couldn't be considered stunningly beautiful, she still had a certain charm to her appearance.

"So it's Friend Feng, Qu extends his courtesy." Qu Houn replied neither humble nor haughty, then led Han Li towards the table.

With a sweep of his gaze, Han Li took note of the several unfamiliar cultivators in the hall.

There was a middle-aged scholar with an ordinary appearance, a young woman in her twenties, an old man with gray-white eyes, and a young man emitting a reddish glow all over his body, in addition to the woman introducing herself as Feng Sanniang, making a total of five people.

However, the young woman was only at the early stage of Foundation Establishment, and she appeared quite intimate with the middle-aged scholar, indicating that they were a Daoist couple.

While Han Li was pondering, Feng Sanniang spoke with a charming smile, "Friend Qu, your arrival is timely. We were just discussing the variations of the 'Six Escape Water Wave Formation'! If we can practice it proficiently in advance, I believe it will be much easier for everyone to set up the formation later. But before that, let me introduce the other friends to Friend Qu!" Feng Sanniang was clearly skilled in socializing. With a few soft words, she immediately brought Han Li and the others closer.

"These two are the esteemed disciples of Island Master Zhan Tai of Weixing Island, Friend Mao and his Daoist partner, Friend Xue!" Feng Sanniang first pointed to the middle-aged scholar and the young woman, introducing them to Han Li.

"Qu Houn? I've met many cultivators from Kui Xing Island, but I've never heard of you?" The middle-aged scholar gave Han Li a cold glance and said somewhat arrogantly.

For some reason, this middle-aged scholar seemed to have a bone to pick with Qu Houn, immediately making a provocative remark.

This caused Feng Sanniang's initially cheerful expression to falter for a moment, but she quickly regained her composure.

"I'm not originally from Kui Xing Island. I just came to the island recently to settle down and visit my nephew Han. Is there anything strange about not knowing my name, Friend?" Qu Houn retorted calmly, with a hint of sarcasm.

"You..."

"Let me introduce. This elderly gentleman is Qing Anzi, a reclusive cultivator from Jinbiao Island. Although few people know of him, his mastery of wood-element spells during the Foundation Establishment stage is unmatched! As for Friend Yan, he's even more formidable. He practices the Dark Fire Body technique and can cultivate extraordinary Pure Yang True Fire." Feng Sanniang interrupted, diverting the conversation.

The middle-aged scholar's expression turned angry, his face darkened, and he seemed to want to say something more, but was interrupted by Feng who hurriedly changed the subject.

"Friend Qing! Friend Yan!" Qu Houn nodded slightly at the old man and the youth.

Although both of them were at the late Foundation Establishment stage like the middle-aged scholar, they clearly exerted more pressure on Han Li than the scholar did. It was evident that their cultivation techniques were extraordinary. Han Li didn't want to easily offend either of them.

"Friend Qu, greetings!"

"I extend my courtesy, Friend Yan!"

These two didn't boast either, smiling politely in response to Qu Houn.