"Chapter 283: Old Feelings

Han Li felt that it was somewhat unnecessary to tell Mo Fengwu about the disappearance of Mo Caihuan and her daughter.

As long as Mo Fengwu knew that she still had family members alive, that would be enough! He estimated that she wouldn't bring up the topic of seeing Mo Caihuan and her daughter again, as everything had changed!

Han Li briefly recounted his encounter with Mo Caihuan to Mo Fengwu, causing her to almost cry tears of joy.

Mo Fengwu understood very well that, with Han Li's identity as a cultivator, there was no need for him to fabricate lies to deceive a weak woman like her. Most likely, he was being polite because of their brief encounter in the past.

So, after a moment of silent prayer with her hands clasped together, Mo Fengwu regained her composure.

However, when facing Han Li again, she was no longer as indifferent as before.

Presumably, he understood that if it weren't for Han Li's assistance at Yanling Castle, the Yan family mother and daughter would still be in trouble!

"Thank you, Young Master Han, for informing me of the whereabouts of Caihuan and Fourth Sister. This is the first good news I've heard in seven or eight years," Mo Fengwu said calmly, then continued before Han Li could speak:

"Although my younger sister and her daughter are safe, my eldest sister and several other aunts are still missing and are most likely in danger. Fengwu cannot let go of seeking revenge for them! But Fengwu is powerless. Junior Brother Han will surely help me, won't you?"

As Mo Fengwu spoke, she revealed a very weak expression, with tears welling up in her bright eyes, as if on the verge of crying.

Seeing this, Han Li rubbed his nose, feeling a headache and helpless!

He had originally thought that Mo Fengwu would no longer be in such a hurry for revenge after learning about Mo Caihuan and her daughter's whereabouts. But he didn't expect Mo Fengwu, whom he hadn't seen for these years, to become so fixated on this matter!

To be honest, if he were to eliminate a Qi Condensation cultivator, it would be much easier than to kill an influential figure among mortals for no reason.

Since entering the Yellow Maple Valley, Han Li had learned that the entire Yue Kingdom and its more than ten prefectures had been divided up by the seven major sects and several large families. Every secular power in each prefecture would have cultivators secretly observing, and some were even supported by these sects.

The reason why the Mo Manor and the Dominating Villa had not encountered cultivators before was because they were newly emerged forces. Otherwise, when Han Li assassinated Ouyang Feitian at the Dominating Villa, it wouldn't have been so easy and without repercussions.

But the Five Colored Sect was different.

This sect had risen more than a hundred years ago, making it quite ancient. Moreover, Lan Prefecture was recognized as the territory of spiritual beast mountains by the seven major sects, most likely with the shadow of the spiritual beast mountain behind it. That's why the Mo Manor suffered a disastrous defeat when they first came into contact with them.

As a disciple of the Yellow Maple Valley, it wouldn't be easy to justify randomly killing an influential figure supported by another sect.

However, recently, there had been disturbances from people of the demonic path infiltrating the Yue Kingdom to cause chaos among the secular world. This was a good opportunity to muddy the waters. As long as he was careful, he shouldn't get into trouble.

With these thoughts in mind, Han Li remained calm on the surface. After some consideration, he finally said to Mo Fengwu:

"Fengwu, technically, I can't agree to this request. It would bring me a lot of trouble! But the situation in the cultivation world is a bit special lately, so I can't say there's no opportunity at all. How about this? If there's a chance in the future, I can try to eliminate the leader of the Five Colored Sect. But if it's truly impossible, Fengwu, you should let go of your revenge."