Chapter 303 Shock

Although the five friends from Mengshan were greatly surprised by Han Li's decision, they felt that Han Li's words made some sense, so they did not object.

Just then, the middle-aged woman seemed curious and asked about the true identities of the two from the Heisha Sect, but Han Li brushed it off with a faint smile, saying that everyone would naturally find out during the night's action.

This made it difficult for the middle-aged woman to press further, and she showed a indifferent expression.

Shortly after, Qin Ping brought a message from Qin Yan and led the five friends from Mengshan to another courtyard nearby to settle them.

As Han Li watched the figures of the few people leaving from afar, a strange expression appeared in his eyes, and he suddenly muttered to himself, saying something that no one could hear clearly.

In the evening, after everyone had eaten, in the living room of Qingyin Courtyard, the five friends from Mengshan gathered together, preparing to act as Han Li had said until late at night.

"Strange! Why can't I remember it?" the man in his thirties paced back and forth in the hall, looking puzzled.

"Fourth Brother! Still can't remember?" The youngest girl lazily sat in her chair, wearing a smile that seemed like a joke.

"Fourth Brother, you always say that Master Han looks familiar and must have met him somewhere before. But you can't remember when or where, which makes me doubt it. Could it be just an illusion because you want to establish a relationship with Master Han?" The young girl's words were full of teasing.

"Well, that's very possible. After all, this senior's appearance is too ordinary. It's normal for Fourth Brother to find him familiar," the tall and thin man joked while sipping tea.

However, his eyes never left the middle-aged woman beside him, his face filled with happiness as he gazed back and forth between her still-charming face and her seemingly normal abdomen, with a look of bliss.

But the third-ranked middle-aged woman was annoyed by his gaze, and couldn't help but glare at him, only to receive his silly smile in return. Her usual shrewdness seemed to have disappeared somewhere.

"Hmph, say whatever you want. As long as I know that I've seen him before, it's fine. But it seems it wasn't recent; it must have been some years ago, otherwise, I wouldn't have forgotten so completely," the young man said impatiently, glaring at the young woman and the tall, thin man, feeling somewhat unwilling.

"Some years ago? Fourth Brother, we've been cultivating in Mengshan without leaving for several years. When could you have met Master Han? It couldn't have been when you were still wearing open-crotch pants, right?" The middle-aged woman joked.

"Third Sister, you..." The young man blushed at the middle-aged woman's words, feeling embarrassed.

"A few years ago, Fourth Brother wasn't always cultivating in the mountains. Do you all forget that before we met Fifth Sister, we participated in an Ascension Ceremony? We were away for two or three months, but unfortunately, we all returned empty-handed. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured!" The dark-faced elder interjected.

"What, everyone participated in the Ascension Ceremony!" The youngest sister blinked, showing a curious expression. The second elder and the middle-aged woman, on the other hand, smiled bitterly.

"There's nothing to say about it. That was the first time we learned what it meant to be frogs at the bottom of a well!" The middle-aged woman sighed.

"What! Fourth Brother, tell me, when we were at the Ascension Ceremony... huh!" The younger sister's curiosity grew, and as she turned around to ask the young man about the Ascension Ceremony, her eyes widened in surprise.