Chapter 380: Infant Carp Beast

Upon hearing these words, Feng Sanniang revealed a wry smile. She brushed aside the bangs on her forehead and spoke slowly.

"Friends! It's not that I'm unwilling to tell the truth. It's just that there are orders from above not to easily leak the information before reaching this island. But now that we're here, there's no such restriction. I'll tell you the truth!

This time, our Six Lian Hall intends to deal with an 'Infant Carp Beast,' so we must proceed with caution!"

"Infant Carp Beast!" Qing Alchemist and others exclaimed upon hearing this, their expressions changing drastically.

Han Li coldly observed everything! Although he didn't know what an "Infant Carp Beast" was, seeing their shocked expressions made him realize that this monster was definitely extraordinary.

"No wonder your hall is so cautious. If it's this monster, we should indeed be more careful! If other forces find out about this, who knows what kind of trouble it will cause!" Qing Alchemist muttered in disbelief. This made Han Li, too, realize something.

The expressions of the young man surnamed Yan and the bald man fluctuated, showing signs of inner turmoil.

Only the middle-aged Confucian scholar's face was extremely ugly as he coldly said to Feng Sanniang:

"Your Six Lian Hall is going too far! Everyone knows that the Infant Carp Beast is a naturally born water spirit beast, possessing formidable water-based abilities. If it's at the sixth level, it's definitely not much weaker than an ordinary seventh-level monster. You actually claim to deal with a sixth-level monster and ask for my assistance! Are you deliberately deceiving me?"

As the middle-aged Confucian spoke, he showed signs of anger, as if he had been deceived.

However, Qing Alchemist and the others finally regained their composure but still showed dissatisfaction.

But they were all solitary cultivators and didn't dare to easily offend the Six Lian Hall, so they remained silent and watched how Feng Sanniang would respond.

"Friend Mao, your words are not appropriate! Our Six Lian Hall didn't deceive you in any way. Although this Infant Carp Beast is formidable, it is indeed a genuine sixth-level monster. You can't just force us to claim a sixth-level monster as seventh-level!" Feng Sanniang's expression sank, and she retorted without hesitation.

This made the middle-aged Confucian speechless for a while, unable to say anything.

Han Li frowned inwardly.

Listening to this woman, it seemed to make some sense, but Han Li felt uncomfortable in his heart and couldn't help but glance at the other few people.

The other three seemed to share Han Li's opinion, their faces showing some displeasure.

However, at this moment, Feng Sanniang suddenly smiled at Qu Hun and the others:

"Of course, the main reason for our hall's actions is to keep the secret of the Infant Carp Beast. So before coming here, I had already obtained a promise from above. After the success of this matter, in addition to giving each of you a Dust Descending Pill as promised, our hall will also give each of you an additional one thousand spirit stones as compensation for keeping the secret in advance. I wonder if you are satisfied?"

After hearing these words, Qing Alchemist and the others' grievances gradually dissipated, nodding in agreement one after another.

The middle-aged Confucian seemed somewhat dissatisfied, but his Dao companion, the charming young woman, whispered something to him, causing his expression to change slightly, and he remained silent.