Chapter 36: Celebrate (14 years, 3 months)

"Happy birthday, Jesse!"

The sub smiled before blowing out the candles on his cake.

"Hand it here, and I'll cut it up." Rose took the cake.

Jesse scooted back next to his father and laid his head against the black werewolf's shoulder. Trevor placed his arm around the boy. The sub was feeling okay. There were more people here than at the waterfall. Raven's grandparents and uncles had come, along with their son Saigon. This family reminded Jesse a lot of his own. It was bred to make dominants and Raven and Jesse were just the unfortunate mistakes.

"Daven, stop." Raven knocked his brother's hand away from his tail.

The older twin chuckled as his hand slipped over.

"Daven!" Raven moved away from him and clutched his tail to his chest. "Mom, tell him to stop."

"Daven," Storm eyed her son, "Stop tormenting your brother."

The sub moved over next to his mother. He glared at the dominant across the room. Daven grinned at him.

Storm gave him a firm look. "I mean it."

"Who wants cake?" Rose passed out plates.

Raven lit up when he saw it, while Daven scrunched up his nose.

"Do we have any ice cream?" Daven asked his grandmother.

"I think there might be some in the freezer."

"Please god, hopefully, it's vanilla." Daven bumped Jagger's arm. "Come on. There has to be something better than this stuff."

The boys left the room.

Darius stretched his arms overhead before standing. "I'll go make sure they don't destroy anything."

Titus hurried onto to his feet when his brother passed. "Me too."

His mate rolled his eyes. "Typical."

Carrying two plates, Raven moved over next to Jesse. "Here."

"What with them?" Jesse took the cake and motioned to the door.

"They hate chocolate." Raven shrugged. "Fine with me, just means I can have more than one piece." He grinned and took a bite. "So good."

Jesse did the same, and Raven was right. It was a really good cake.

***

Trevor offered his hand to Darius. "Thanks for watching over Jesse for me."

Darius shook it. "It was nice having him. The twin didn't fight near as much."

"Your mate said something similar." He glanced toward the boys' bedroom. "I have the contract nearly done. I'll send it over for you to look through. We'll wait a bit longer before we have the boys sign it."

The red werewolf shook his head. "It's still weird, but," he took a deep breath, "there's not much to be done about it."

Trevor nodded and heard the curtain be pushed to the side. His son stepped out, dressed and ready to go home. "Did you get everything?"

"I think so. Raven can just bring it to school, if I did leave anything." Jesse put his book bag on.

Raven stood to the side, swaying side to side. "Bye."

Jesse hugged the werewolf. "I'll see you at school. We're rooming again."

Bowing his head, Raven sigh. "Yeah."