Chapter 106: Eighteen (18 years)

"Happy birthday to you," they sang together.

Raven held back his hair and blew out the candles. His parents, grandparents, and extended family looked on as he did so. It was weird to not have Daven there to share their birthday with. He blew out the couple candles along the edges that he missed and smiled at his parents. He was eighteen. An adult in the human world and an acceptable age for thinking about mating as a werewolf.

"Here let me take it." Karen took the cake and moved it to the counter. "I can't believe our little Raven is eighteen."

The sub grinned. It was a pretty big moment for him, too.

"It's no different than seventeen," muttered Darius.

"Whatever," chuckled his Uncle Titus under his breath. "Tell that to the rest of the world."

"Can I open my presents?" Raven asked.

"Go for it, sweetheart," said Karen as she cut up the cake. "Mine is that one on top and I'm sure you're going to like it."

Raven tore off the wrapping paper and saw the picture of a camera on the box. It was a professional one with an extra flash. He beamed with excitement and peeked up at his father. Darius's mouth was open. The alpha kept looking from his son to the woman handing out plates. Karen simple smiled to herself. Raven didn't know how to react. He was thrilled with the gift but didn't want to make his father upset, either.

"Thank you," said Raven as he read the back of the box. There was even a DVD that was photography for beginners.

Darius shook his head. "The last thing he needs is a camera."

Storm looped arms with his mate. "Open the one from us. Oh, wait." She glanced over her shoulder. "It's kind of a joint gift for you and Jagger."

"Me?" Jagger arched a brow. He stood to the back of the group. "It's fine. It's Raven's birthday. I'll pass."

"I think not, so get over there." Storm grabbed the boy and pulled him forward. "It's an early birthday present."

Jagger staggered over and stood behind Raven as the sub tore off the paper. It was a plain silver box. Raven took off the lid and stared at the keys inside. Northern Rocky Ridge was written on one of the metal pieces. The sub looked at his parents confused.

"A car?" said Jagger. "Is that what it is?"

"Surprise!" Storm threw her hands in the air. "It's one you two can use at college. Raven never learned to drive so we didn't think he'd mind sharing it with you."

"A car." Raven sat up in his seat. "Really? What color is it?"

Darius scoffed. "Typical, I knew he'd only care about the color."

Raven frowned.

The alpha gave his son a smirk. "It's teal. It'll little too flashy for my taste, but your mother reminded me I wasn't buying it for me."

Jumping to his feet, Raven hurried over and hugged his father. "Where is it? Can I see it?" He squealed with delight. "We have a car of our own, Jagger! College is going to be amazing."

"Alright, calm down," laughed Darius. "It's in the garage. Where else would I be able to hide a car?" He squeezed his son to his side.

"Thank you so much! I'll be really careful. I promise."

Darius leaned across the table and picked up the keys. He handed them to Jagger. "The couple times I've let you drive an ATV you run it into the river or a tree. They're still fixing the last one you crashed."