Chapter 128: Welcome to the Pack (19 years, 2 months)

"Brook, this is Chelsey and Megan," said Cyrus. He motioned to the two girls standing beside his in-laws. "This is my sister, Brook."

"Hey." Brook smiled. "I heard we're going to be in the same grade in school."

Chelsey shrugged. "I think so."

"Do you want to come to my room?" said Brook. "I can tell you all about the academy."

Chelsey glanced at her parents before nodding. "Sure. Come on, Megan."

They followed Brook up the stairs.

Cyrus turned to Liam's parents. "My uncle has some paperwork you need to sign and we can go to your new house later tonight after dinner. Liam should be getting up sometime soon." He glanced at the ceiling. "Subs," he laughed. "They like their sleep."

Aspen eyed the young dominant. "We may not be pack werewolves but we're still werewolves." She gave him a smirk.

"Um... yeah." Cyrus cleared his throat. "Follow me."

He started up the stairs and led the way to the alpha's office. That was rather embarrassing. Cyrus had never thought he'd have to interact with in-laws. He didn't have a problem talking about mating in front of his dads, but Liam's parents made him feel slightly self-conscious.

He knocked on the door. "Trevor, it's Cyrus. I brought Aspen and Eric."

"Come in."

Opening the door, Cyrus waved his in-laws into the room. The couple held hands and walked to the couch in the middle of the room. Trevor grinned at the pair and went to the couch in front of them. He placed a folder on the coffee table that was sitting between them.

"How was the trip?"

"Not too bad, sir," said Eric. "The girls are getting to know your niece. She seems very nice."

"It's my brother-in-law in them." Trevor motioned to his nephew to come in. "River is a sub like Liam. He was raised traditional and helped these pup not be so focused on rank."

Cyrus closed the door and went to sit by his uncle.

"I'm excited to meet him and your brother," Aspen said with a nod.

"As soon as we're done here, I can introduce you." Trevor took a deep breath. "Alright, this shouldn't take long. You're simply selling your souls to the pack," he laughed.

The pair gave him a nervous chuckle.

"Maybe a few less jokes," whispered Cyrus.

"Alright, alright." The alpha opened the folder. "Cyrus is like a son to me." He peered between the couple. "I raised him alongside my own boy. You have nothing to be worried about. Liam has made my nephew happier than anyone else, so I'm going to take great care of his parents." He turned the folder around and showed them the contract. "It spells out that your allegiance lies with the Midfield Pack and in return, the pack will see to your well being. Here"—he pointed with his finger—"it talks about submitting to me as the reigning alpha. You both will be lower ranks, but as Liam's parents, we're giving you one of the nicer houses that is close to the mansion. Go ahead and read through it, and let me know if you have any questions. These a line at the bottom where both of you can sign."

Eric picked up the folder and the two read through the contract. The amount of time they were taking was making Cyrus nervous. They need to hurry up and sign it. Liam had talked about going rogue and Cyrus hoped his mate's parents hadn't enjoyed their time away from being apart of a pack. The young dominant really wanted this to work out and give Liam the family the sub deserved.