Chapter 121: Payback (18 years 11 months)

Raven unfolded the flyer and reread it. The party had already started and he was having a hard time mustering up the courage to go. How would he even get there? It would take a while to walk there. Heavy footsteps sounded upstairs and continued on down the stairs.

"Why do you have to go?" said Jesse. "You're always gone."

"It's not by choice. Your dad needs my help," said Daven.

"You promised we'd go out."

"I'll make it up to you another time."

"Tomorrow?"

Daven groaned. "Jess, I can't come back until Sunday night. I'm sorry. This comes with the rank."

"Well, it's good for you that a mate was thrown into the deal since you have no time for anything but work."

"That's not true. We'll be going back to Midfield soon and then we can spend all summer together."

"When? On your way between meetings or the trips to who knows hell where? Maybe you can squeeze in a little time before you go on your damn dinner dates with the higher-ups."

Daven groaned. "That's not true. Don't be like this."

"Like what? Do explain why it's wrong of me to get upset because my mate is a neglectful asshole."

It was silent for a moment. "I don't want to fight."

"We're not," snapped Jesse. "Glad we got that figured out."

The door across from Raven's room slammed shut. He tucked the flyer out of sight and listened. The front door opened and closed, and the house fell silent. Raven quietly crawled across his bed and went to his closet to continue packing. His freshman year was going to end without him doing anything fun. It had been nine months of studying and coming straight home after. Maybe next year would be better.

The door was kicked open, causing Raven to jump.

"My god, Jesse." The sub clasped his chest.

Jesse stomped inside. "Where is that damn flyer you showed me?" He snatched the folded colored paper off the bed. "Get ready." He headed for the hall. "We're going."

"Jesse, Jesse, wait?" Raven moved the pile of clothes to the side and chased after his roommate. "If Daven finds out—"

"I really don't give a shit." Jesse stopped at his door. "He runs off and does whatever the hell he wants all the time. I can go to one damn party without him."

"He's working." Raven ran his hands down his hair. "My brother would spend more time with you if he could."

Jesse arched a brow. "Whatever. I'm going so you can decide whether or not you're coming with me. Thirty minutes, Rav." He went into his room. "That might be pushing it for you so you might want to hurry."

Raven sucked in his lips. Was he really going to do this? Excitement was starting to build. Jagger was studying for his last final and would probably go to the gym after. Daven would be gone until Sunday. Oh god, they'd get caught just because it was a werewolf party but he really wanted to go. Dashing into his room, he ran to his closet to try and figure out what he was going to wear to his first party.

***

Raven closed his bedroom door and hurried into the kitchen.

Jesse was waiting and whistled when he saw the sub. "Look at you, hot stuff. I have a feeling you're going to be every dominants' wet dream tonight."

"Stop, Jesse." Raven shook his head. "We should leave if we're going to."

"Yep." Jesse grabbed the keys to the remaining truck in the driveway.