Chapter 96: Sub Attack (17 years, 4 months)

Jagger stood by the door, leaning against the wall and watching the scene played out. Jesse was more upset than Raven about what happened.

"I wasn't thinking." Jesse covered his face as his fiance rubbed his back. "I'm so stupid. I'm so, so sorry Raven. I didn't mean to. I was just so shocked to see them."

"It's okay," whispered the long-haired boy, not turning away from the wall.

"But it's not," said Jesse. "You wouldn't have started crying if it was okay."

Jagger noticed Raven grow tense. The boy was close to tears. With a deep breath, he pushed off the wall. "How about you take Jesse for a walk? I'll stay with Raven."

Daven nodded. "Come on. Let's talk and leave Raven alone for a bit."

Clenching his jaw, Jesse stood and marched from the room. It was clear the sub was more pissed at himself than anyone else. Daven followed and closed the door. Wandering over to the desk, Jagger sat down in Raven's chair. He twisted the seat back and forth.

Raven wiped his face. "Thanks. It wasn't that big of a deal. Jesse doesn't handle guilt very well. No matter what I said he'd still be convinced I'm upset with him."

Jagger leaned over his knees. "What are you upset about then?"

Bowing his head, Raven hugged his arms around his knees. "I felt like I was back in that room." He swallowed hard. "Just seeing those marks on my legs, it was like I was back there"—his voice hitched—"with that man."

The dominant moved to the bed and pulled the shaking sub into his arms. Raven's walls broke down and he sobbed into Jagger's shirt.

Jagger simple held his packmate and rubbed his back. "You're safe. No one can hurt you here. You're with your pack."

Raven peered up at him with those dark blue eyes. They were almost too dark for a sub, but the color made it fit the blond haired boy.

Jagger gave him a small smile. "I protected you there. I killed that man. He can never come for you, and even if he had gotten away, I would kill him if he tried to take you away. You're a member of my pack and that is how it's going to stay."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Raven threw his arms around the dominant's neck. Jagger hugged him back and kissed the side of Raven's head. He felt the sub flinch.

Jagger realized what he had done. He had kissed Daven's little brother. It was a simple one on the side of the sub's head but that was not something he should have done. He slowly pulled Raven back and rubbed his hands up and down the sub's arms.

"Better?"

Raven cleared his eyes. "Yes. Thank you. I'm really glad that I still have you to look out for me since Daven had to change packs. You do make me feel safe." He clasped his forehead.

"Headache?"

The sub nodded. "I hate p.e. and now I hate it even more."

Jagger laughed. "Yeah, I never took you for being into athletics."

Raven's shoulders sunk forward. "It's okay if you need to go back. You still have classes, right?"

"Yeah, I should be going actually." Jagger stood.

Raven laid down and his packmate help untangled the blankets at the end of the bed.

"I'll call you tonight, alright?" Jagger walked to the door.

"Okay."

The sub's eyes closed as Jagger slipped from the room. Shutting the door, he pressed back against it. This was not okay.