Chapter 89: Caught on Camera (16 years, 11 months)

A scarred man shoved Raven onto a couch in what appeared to be someone's office. After spending the night locked in a closet, he was exhausted. The sub curled up in the corner as dominants from this unknown pack spaced out around the room.

"So you finally got him?"

Raven flinched at the feminine voice and slowly looked over his shoulder.

A woman emerged from a connecting room. A young girl followed. The sub's eyes grew wide as he recognized her as the model that had talked to him after the show.

The older woman's heels clicked against the wood floor as she made her way over and sat beside the sub. "What a pretty thing. I was so worried that you might escape before we could get to you." She turned to the room. "Did you contact the buyers?"

The scarred man nodded. "They're going to meet us at the hotel in three days."

"Buyers?" whispered Raven.

She smiled and picked up a piece of Raven's hair. "Your future mate."

The sub's breath caught. "I don't want a mate." His eyes started to burn.

"Oh, you poor thing." She grabbed the boy's chin and shook it. "I don't care. You're an omega. Your only reason to exist is for what you can bring to the pack. And my pack is going to get a nice payday." She smiled. "To think we have the baby brother of the next alpha of Midfield."

"They—they're not going to let you. My dad—"

She snatched the sub throat and pressed her nails into his skin. "You're in my pack now, not your daddy's. I could kill you if I wanted."

Raven swallowed hard.

"But lucky for you, no one is going to want to buy a dead sub. So keep your mouth shut." She brushed her thumb over the boy's lips. "I wouldn't want to have to punish you." Releasing the sub, she stood. "Take him. See to it that someone is always posted outside the door."

The scarred man nodded and grabbed Raven's arm. He lifted the boy to his feet and led the sub out into the hallway. They went to the third floor where Raven was tossed into a room. The sub toppled onto the ground and heard the lock clicked into place. Raven lifted himself up onto his knees and wiped his face on his shoulder. He messed up, and he was going to be sold. Why did he have to be born an omega? If his blood was so good, then why wouldn't he at least have been a middle rank.

Footsteps passed by the door. Raven crawled over and looked between the door and floor. He could see boots on the other side. Sitting up, he leaned against the wall. What was he going to do? No one knew where he was and in three days, Raven would be sold off. The sub climbed to his feet and went to the window. Pulling back the binds, he scanned the alley that laid below. He grabbed the window frame and tried to lift it. The window wouldn't budge. Screws were drilled into the wood to keep the glass from lifting up.

He stumbled back to the bed and sat down. His dad would come. Raven pulled his knees to his chest and let out a shaky breath. He prayed that his father come for him.

***

Trevor entered the hotel room and joined the anxious couple in the living area of the suite. He sat down in an armchair and dropped a folder on the table. "They found the driver. He said the men who took Raven said the boy was a runaway and paid him off to keep quiet. He said the boy was crying but didn't say anything, so he believed that they were telling the truth."

"That's it then?" said Darius. "That where it ends?"

"No. The man told us where they got off. Security cameras show Raven getting into a car with them. We've contacted the French government branch that deals with werewolf affairs. They're doing their best to track the vehicle. These are some of the photos we were able to gather."