Chapter 132: Tell Him (19 years, 4 months)

With a sigh, Raven entered the apartment and went to the kitchen. Jesse and Daven followed behind him. The subs went to sit at the table while Daven opened the fridge.

"So, what did you think of him?" asked Raven.

His brother shrugged. "Josh seems like an okay guy."

The long-haired boy couldn't help but smile. "That's good."

Footsteps sounded down the stairs.

Jagger entered the room in an old t-shirt and sweats. "You're back."

"Hmm..." Daven opened a soda and drank half of it.

"Jagger." Raven pushed his leftover forward. "I brought this home. You can eat it if you're hungry."

The dominant took it. "Thanks." He went to the microwave. "You didn't eat much of it."

"It's Daven's fault," said Jesse. "He had everyone so uptight." The sub rested his chin on the stuffed wolf.

"I don't doubt it. How was the zoo?" Jagger looked to the other dominant.

Daven shrugged. "About as degrading as you expected."

Jesse scoffed. "We're not animals, asshole. Stop taking it so personally."

"But if humans ever found out about us, guess what the new exhibit would be." He started taking out sandwich ingredients.

"Try living on the sub-campus. It's practically the same." Jesse stood. "I'm going to bed."

Daven muttered under his breath as his fiance left. Raven was trying to conceal his smile. The zoo and the sub-campus did have a few similarities.

"I'm going to go to bed, too." The sub rose to his feet and pushed in his chair. "Goodnight."

"Oh, Rav," said Daven.

"Yeah?"

"I want to do this again."

"Really?"

The dark-haired boy nodded. "I have to make sure Josh wasn't putting on an act."

Rolling his eyes, Raven hurried off to his room. His brother had been decent during the date. There hadn't been any yelling or death threats. Closing the door, the sub took a deep breath. Today had been wonderful—besides lunch. He took out his phone and smiled at the text from Josh. He typed a reply and sent it before going to his contact list. Clicking on 'mom,' he flopped down on his bed and waited for her to answer. Raven couldn't wait to introduce Josh to his parents, mostly his mom.

"Hello Raven, I'm guessing you got back from your date."

"It went so well, Mom."

"Did Daven behave?"

"For the most part."

"Well, I want to hear all about it."

Raven grinned to himself. "That's why I called."

***

(19 years, 6 months)

Raven climbed into the back of the car with Josh while Daven and Jesse took the front. They pulled out of the movie theater parking lot and onto the street.

"How'd you like the movie?" asked Josh.

"It was good. The ending was rather intense. They blow up everything, practically," Raven laughed.

"That one dude has to be a werewolf," said Daven.

"Why?" Jesse looked at his fiance, confused.