Chapter 49: Two Families (14 years, 7 months)

Daven didn't know what to do. His arm was numb, and he had a sleeping sub that was practically dead to the world on top of it. Overall, it was just a bad situation to be in. He carefully maneuvered his phone out his pocket and checked the time. He scowled at the screen. School was going to be hell tomorrow. He could barely stay awake most of the time when he had a good night's sleep.

He glanced at Jesse. The pup probably weighed less than Raven so he shouldn't be hard to move. He looked really cute. The boy's eyes were a little puff. Thinking back on it, Daven should've just told Jesse the truth, well part of the truth.

Little by little, he moved his arm out from under Jesse's head. The sub inhaled sharply before falling back asleep. Next was the hard part, trying to get his body out from under the boy. Daven inched to the side. Jesse jerked up and held his arms out in front of him.

"Is it over?"

"Yeah." Daven used the opportunity to escape. Standing, he grabbed Jesse's hand and lifted the sub to his feet.

Jesse stumbled and fell into Daven's chest. It was clear the boy was not fully awake. Daven slipped an arm around his fiance's knees and scooped the boy up in his arms. Jesse was out instantly. Daven fixed his grip, but he had been right. Jesse was just a little bit of nothing, and he was already making mental notes to never say anything about it. The dominant had a feeling that Jesse's size was a sensitive topic.

He carried the sub down the hall and somehow was able to type in the code and get the door open. Raven shifted in his bed as his brother carried Jesse across the room. Daven laid down his fiance. Thankfully, Jesse never made his bed, so Daven could easily put the covers over the boy. Jesse squirmed a bit before curling into a ball.

"Did it go well?" whispered Raven.

Daven nodded. "He seemed fine. If he felt sick, it didn't show."

"Sorry about, you know."

"Don't worry about." Daven walked to the door. "I'm surprised he slept through that."

"He has been sleeping very well." Raven made eye contact with his brother. "I don't know what been going on, but I hope you explained it to him. He's been really depressed lately."

Daven sighed. "We're good. I'm sure Jesse will tell you all about it in the morning. Goodnight."

Raven yawned. "Goodnight."

***

The air rushed from Raven as someone jumped on his back. "Jesse!"

His roommate hugged him tightly. "I just had the best night of my life, so you need to wake up so I can tell you about it."

Groaning, Raven rolled over. "You talked then?"

Jesse grinned. "Daven joined the track team."

"Really?" The white werewolf's eyes went wide.

Jesse nodded. "He wants to stay in shape for when he goes home. He said he was embarrassed to tell anyone because it's a human sport and all that other stuff." The sub waved his hand in the air. "I'm so excited." He hugged Raven tightly. "I get to see my mate compete. It's going to be so hot."

"Hmm..." Raven sat up and pushed Jesse's arms down, so they were around his waist. "He should have just told you."

Jesse shrugged. "It's okay. We talked." He rested his head in Raven's lap. "I feel kind of stupid for thinking he was cheating."

"Told you," said Raven, sitting up straight. "I know my brother, and he would never do that."

"Well, the way he was sneaking around was making me worried."