Chapter 119: Reconsider (18 years, 9 months)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

Turning the knob to cold, Cyrus stood under the shower head and let the water pounded on his shoulders. How could he lose it that badly? He sent someone to the hospital. The young dominant was dreading having to go back to school. The rumors and snarky comments were going to start up again.

"Cyrus?" called Liam.

"I'll be out in a minute." He heard movement behind him and turned to see Liam standing there.

He dropped the towel around his waist and entered. The sub flinched when the water hit him and reached past the other boy to adjust the temperature.

"What are you doing?"

Liam shrugged and put his arms around the Cyrus. "I have a feeling that tonight was just as much my fault as it was yours."

"No." Cyrus shook his head. "What I did was completely on me and no one else. I should have control myself and ignored those bastards. I'm sorry. I never want you to see me like that." He cupped his fiance's cheek.

"You did something that no one else has in my entire life," said Liam. "I'm not some innocent damsel. People say shit about me all the time and it's usually true."

Cyrus pressed his forehead against the shorter boy's. "Most of those rumors were because of me. I kept you all to myself and pissed some people off."

"Well, from what I've been told you can be a bit clingy." Liam gave him a smirk.

"Not just a bit." Cyrus hugged the sub tightly. "I'm very clingy"—he nibbled on the boy's neck—"and needy." He kissed Liam on the cheek. "I also get lonely very easily."

"Is that all?" laughed Liam. "You're a mess." He wiped the water out of the dominant's eyes. "Do you think your uncle will mind if we confirm things a little earlier?"

Cyrus's eyes grew wide. "What?"

"This." Liam placed the dominant's hand on his shoulder. "The more I think about it, the more I don't ever want it to fade. This world is terrifying for werewolves like me." Letting out a deep breath, he gave Cyrus a smile. "I know you will protect me and you've proved that you love me, multiple times. I mean who in their right mind drives across the country by themselves to potentially take on entire pack alone?"

The dominant shrugged. "Like I said, I get lonely easily."

"You're such a weird pup." Liam kissed the other boy.

"There's no going back." Cyrus clasped his fiance's hand. "You can't run off to live with the humans."

"I'll never be human. I've come to accept that I'm not meant to be a lone wolf. I need a pack and if you want, I'm ready to be your mate."

Cyrus kissed the sub hard and lifted him off the ground. "My god, I'm so happy." He attacked Liam's neck. "You have no idea how much I love you. This seems like a dream. I never thought I'd ever get you to say yes."

Liam hugged his fiance and reached behind him to turn off the water. "I never thought I'd find a mate, either."

***

"What!"

Raven jumped as Jesse screamed into his phone. Eyeing his roommate, the sub flipped the eggs he was cooking for breakfast.

"No way." Jesse covered his mouth. "How is that even possible? Fucking hell, how did you beat me?"

Raven heard laughing. "What happened?"

Shaking his head, Jesse held up a finger. "You lucky bastard. I can't believe you and Cyrus are mated."

The long-haired boy's eyes grew wide. They were mated?

"Well, yeah, my dad is going to be pissed. Cyrus's birthday isn't for a couple of weeks." Jesse slumped over. "Cyrus tries to kill someone and that got you all hot and heavy?"

"Come on, Jess," stated Liam loud enough to be heard.

"What?" The sub chewed on his fingernails. "It's the truth. Yeah, fine. Congrats. I'll call you later." He hung up.

Raven dished up the plates and carried them over. "So?"

"Liam and Cyrus are official. They mated last night."

"But didn't Daven had to leave to help smooth over some fight? Your cousin put a couple people in the hospital."

"I know." Jesse sighed with a scowl on his face. "My dad was already pissed off so they figure why not throw one more thing into the pile."

Raven cut up his eggs. "Are you mad?"

"No." Jesse shook his head. "Liam has been through hell. I'm happy for him. It helps that I know Cyrus will treat him right. My cousin is exactly like my Uncle Troy."

"Then it because he beat you?"

With a groan, Jesse rested his forehead on the table. "I've been engaged the longest. I thought I would be the first one mated." He waved his hand at the boy across the table. "At this rate, you'll beat me."

"I'm not even seeing anyone seriously. I just poured my heart out to you not too long ago about my failed attempt, remember?"

"I know." Jesse tapped his fork on his plate. "But by the way Daven's been talking, as long as you find someone in the next ten years, you'll beat me."

Raven shrugged and took a bite. "You won't be the last one. Brook is pretty young."

Jesse glared at the long-haired boy. "You are not helping." He pointed his fork at Raven. "Honestly, I better not be the last one out of us to be mated. Vinny mated forever ago and now Liam. If I'm last out of our group, I'm going to kill your brother."

Trying not to laugh, Raven took a sip of orange juice. "I'll warn Daven before I get too serious with anyone."