Chapter 105: Going Home (17 years, 11 months)

Liam sat outside the dorms on his luggage. This was it. His high school diploma sat in his book bag. The whole event had been rather anti-climatic. He took a deep breath and clutched the plane ticket in his hands. It was going in the trash. He'd get to the airport and head straight for California. There, he could start a new life away from werewolves.

Voices came from behind him. He looked over his shoulder to see Jesse speed-talking to Daven. Both were carrying boxes. Jesse had collected some much junk in that room over the years. Cyrus emerged from the dorms soon after carrying more. Liam stared straightforward. He had already said his goodbyes. If the damn taxi would hurry up and get here, he wouldn't have to go through it again. Raven and Jesse had gotten all emotional on him. They'd have a panic attack if they found out what he was actually planning on doing.

"Liam!"

The sub cringed at Jesse's voice.

The boy ran across the grass to where Liam was waiting on the curb. "Your car hasn't come yet?"

Liam shook his head. "Still waiting. I'm used to it. My alpha tends to forget about me."

Jesse frowned. "Are you going to be okay?"

Swallowing hard, Liam nodded. "He said he's going to keep trying to find me someone. Not every dominant want to get engaged while in high school. Some wait until they're older. Like what Jagger is doing."

"Jesse!" called Daven waving his arm. "Come on, I have a meeting."

The sub dropped to the ground and hugged Liam tightly. "Call me when you get home. Don't think because we're done with school that our friendship is over." He sat back on his knees. "I've talked to my dad and he said if it ever gets too hard, there's a place for you in Midfield. You won't be a servant, either. If anything he might just make you be my permanent friend who has to make sure I don't do anything stupid." Jesse grinned. "You know because I tend to get bored easily and stop thinking things through."

"Like attacking people?" Liam replied with a smirk.

"That asshole deserved it." Jesse stood. "As did anyone else that opened their mouths."

"I'll be fine. Thanks." Liam let out a deep breath. "Raven told me the same thing yesterday. So you two might have to battle it out to see who I go with."

"I'll win," said Jesse firmly. "I have red markings for a reason. I can take that pure white pup any day." He gave Liam a wave and went to get in the car.

Liam tried not to laugh. It would be interesting to see those two go at it. Raven would probably run away screaming for Jesse to stop. The image made Liam chuckle.

Cyrus kept glanced his way. Liam made it obvious that he was ignoring the dominant. After the near mating accident that happened a couple weeks ago, Liam hadn't replied to any of his texts. He couldn't risk something ruining his plan. The sub had a feeling that Cyrus wasn't completely honest about why he wanted to have that kind of relationship with Liam.

A black car drove toward him. Liam didn't move. It was too nice to be the one sent for him. The vehicle stopped in front of the boy. The sub glanced up as the window rolled down. His chest tightened. His alpha sat behind the wheel.

"Get up and put your shit in the trunk."

Liam did so and gathered the bags around him. The trunk popped opened and he loaded everything inside. Why was he here? His alpha never came to the school. Liam closed the trunk and stood there.

"Let's go, Liam. We have a plane to catch."

Bowing his head, he shuffled around to the passenger side door. Cyrus was watching him. It wasn't any of the dominant's business. Clenching his jaw, Liam climbed into the car and shut the door.