Chapter 111: Family Drama (18 years, 3 months)

Raven sighed and slumped down in his seat. They were sitting outside the apartment in the driveway waiting for Jesse and Daven to get there. He tried calling again but the line was busy.

Jagger drummed his fingers on the dashboard. "Well, the outside is nice."

"I'd like to see the inside," replied Raven. "Where are they?" He tried his brother but it went to voicemail.

"Maybe they're driving and can't answer."

"There's two of them." The sub arched a brow. They had no excuse for ignoring him.

Jagger chuckled. "You're really upset about this."

"I have to unpack." Raven turned in his seat and pointed at the pile in the back of the truck. "This isn't simply tossing a duffle bag in the closet and maybe putting sheets on the bed."

"What does that mean?" Jagger glanced at the boy with a smirk.

Shaking his head, Raven folded his arms and faced the window. "They better hurry up and get here. That's what that means."

***

Cyrus let out a deep breath and turned off the engine. Liam had barely looked at him the entire trip home. The dominant rubbed his face. Sleep deprivation was hitting. It had been the most stressful drive of his life. Two days of complete hell, but Cyrus had taken Liam out of that horrible environment. He'd do it again, too, if Trevor tried anything.

"Do you want to go in?" Cyrus took out his phone and frowned at the number of calls and messages.

Liam shrugged. "Dominants fighting isn't something I want to be around." He clasped his shoulder. "I'm getting the feeling you're in a lot of trouble for doing this."

"Yep." Cyrus slipped down in his seat. "But I'm not giving you back."

The sub glanced at the other boy.

"Sorry, but I'm not." Cyrus opened the door and climbed out. He walked around the truck and opened the other.

Liam slid out and kept the blanket around his shoulders. The boy seemed to be still shaken up about what had happened. Cyrus didn't blame the sub. Someone of his rank being fought over would be terrifying. Placing his arm around Liam, Cyrus led him to the front door. He took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Dad!" Cyrus called. "Trevor, I'm back."

Liam shook his head. "Just announce it to everyone." He clasped the side of his face. "I want to go home."

Cyrus hugged the sub. "This is your home now." He rubbed the new mark on Liam's shoulder. "You'll be safe here. Okay?"

Letting out a shaky breath, Liam nodded.

"Cyrus!" The alpha marched down the stairs. "So help me, god, what were you thinking!"

The dominant's parents were close behind Trevor. Jesse and Daven came running as well. Cyrus tightened his hold on the boy next to him. He would not give Liam back. Trevor would have to pay the fiance fee because he would never allow Liam to go back to that man.

"I told you I wanted him as a mate," Cyrus stated.

"If you marked that boy—" Trevor was heaving with anger.

Jesse raced past his father and practically tackled his friend. "You're okay." He cupped Liam's face. "Everything's okay, right? Nothing happened to you. I called and called and called, why the fuck didn't you answer?" He hugged the sub again.

"I don't have a phone," whispered Liam. "My alpha took it away." He glanced at Trevor and then Cyrus.

The young dominant puffed out his chest and faced his alpha. "I want Liam as a mate."