Chapter 109: The Last Scar (18 years, 3 months)

Cyrus rechecked his phone. He was starting to get worried that he took a wrong turn. Liam's pack was in the middle of nowhere and yet it wasn't considered traditional. He looked around. It was farmland as far as he could see with a house ever so often. He needed to hurry up and find this place before it got any darker.

A small town appeared ahead. A sign reading Arbor Heights was posted along the side of the road.

"Thank god." He took in a deep breath. Now he had to figure out which house belonged to the alpha.

First, he had to fill the gas tank. He pulled into a station and climbed out of the truck. Entering the store to pre-pay, Cyrus found a woman standing behind the counter, reading a magazine. She smiled at him.

"I'm on pump three." He took fifty dollars out of his wallet.

The woman looked him over as she typed the amount into the computer. "Where are you from?"

Cyrus drummed his fingers on the counter. "Midfield. I'm looking for a classmate that I went to school with at Midfield Academy."

She smiled. "Midfield Academy. That's a fancy place."

"I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the man who runs this town."

The cashier dinged as she opened the drawer. "What would you want with my alpha, pup?"

Cyrus grinned. "Is this whole town made up of werewolves?"

She nodded. "It's not as impressive as Midfield, but we hold our own."

"That classmate is a friend of mine. He's a sub."

She pursed her lips and arched a brow. "You're right. To find the boy, you'll need to talk to my alpha. Go down to the second light and turn left. You'll leave the town and go about five or so miles. It's a brick house with a huge shop built behind it. That is where you'll find what you're looking for." She handed Cyrus his receipt. "Try not to have too much fun."

Cyrus took it. "Thanks."

He left the store and hurried to fill up his tank. He was tempted to just leave but he didn't want the woman thinking something with up with him. The pump seemed strangely slow. The amount finally reached fifty and Cyrus was out of the station in record time. He did as the woman said and went to the second light before turning left. Cyrus was struggling not to speed as he left the town and headed out into farmland. Liam was so close. He had no idea what he was going to do once he found the sub but there was no way in hell he was going to leave Liam there.

He stopped on the road in front of a large home. The shop the woman mentioned was in the back. Hopefully, this was it. Cyrus pulled into the drive and turned off the truck. What the hell was he going to do now? He was on another pack's land and going to practically kidnap one of its members.

Opening the door, he climbed out and walked to the door. He pressed the doorbell and waited. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Cyrus took a deep breath. Whatever punishment came from this, he wasn't going to chicken out. He was taking the sub home with him.

The door opened and a dark-haired man appeared.

He eyed the young dominant. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if"—he cleared his throat—"Um... well, is this the alpha's house?"

The man arched a brow. "You better not have been going house by house asking that questions. There are humans that live around here."

Cyrus shook his head. "No. I talked to a woman at the gas station. I told her I was looking for a classmate that went with me to Midfield Academy. It kind of confirms that I'm a werewolf too."