Chapter 127: Sisters (19 years, 1 month)

Liam sat next to his mother, Aspen, in the corner booth of a diner. He looked over the pictures she had brought.

"I have two sisters?"

"The oldest is Chelsey." She pointed to the girl with light brown hair that went down to her waist. "She's a junior in high school, and this is Megan. She'll be in eighth grade."

"Wow." Liam flipped through the photos his mother had printed off.

They looked so happy, like a proper family. This was nothing like the childhood that he experienced.

"They're really pretty."

Cyrus leaned over. "I see the resemblance." He took a couple from his mate. "The younger one looks just like you."

Liam nodded and glanced at his mother and father. They had a whole other life. "Where are they?"

"At home," said his mother. "We didn't want to overwhelm you."

Swallowing hard, Liam spread out the images. "Did they know about me?"

She nodded. "We don't belong to a pack. We've talked to the alpha who's over the territory where we live. He knows we're not a threat but isn't willing to take us into the pack."

"Why?" asked Cyrus.

"Eric and I"—she grabbed her mate's hand—"are lower ranks. Our daughters aren't above that, either. We'd be a liability. With so much pressure from the humans on controlling werewolves already, it's hard enough for alphas to make sure everyone is taken care of who are in the pack."

Liam bowed his head. "Being kicked out for having an omega son doesn't help."

Aspen opened her mouth but stop when the waiter arrived with the food. Cyrus grabbed their plates and placed one in front of his mate. Liam wasn't hungry.

"We're safe." Aspen grabbed her son's hand. "We are." She gave him a smile. "The alpha keeps the rogues and hunters away. We stay in human form the majority of the time and the local pack has let our girls go to their schools. We're in a good place."

"You could have been in a better one." He gathered up the photos and handed them to his mother. His eyes were starting to burn.

"Come and live in Midfield," said Cyrus.

Liam sat up straight and turned to his mate. "Can they?"

Cyrus nodded. "Why not? You don't have a pack. I'm sure my uncle would be willing to let you join. If you're not living off the pack, it means you have normal jobs and that's enough for Midfield."

"I'm a mechanic," said Eric. "Aspen is a preschool teacher for the local pack."

"See"—the young dominant put his arm around Liam's shoulders—"we could always use more mechanic and teachers. If you want, I can ask."

The couple shared unsure looks.

"What about the girls?" said Eric, looking at Cyrus.

"We send all members to the academy."

"That's where we met." Liam motioned to Cyrus. "They have a campus for girls. Cyrus's little sister goes there."

Aspen smiled. "You have a little sister?"

"Brook will be a junior next year too," said the young dominant. "If you want to be apart of a pack, I can make it happen. My uncle isn't going to say no to my mate's parents."

Tears were building in Aspen's eyes. She leaned into her mate's side.

Eric took a deep breath. "We'd love too."