CH 68. The Last Minute

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you enjoy the first part of this long awaited moment. I'll be in the comments all day so let me hear your thoughts and opinions!XXOO Val

~Elodie's POV~

            "And make sure you don't drink too much, okay? I don't want you hung over asking me to quiet down at the altar," I said to Fred as we reclined on the sofa just before he was going to leave with Charlie and George for his stag party.

            "I won't," He said and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Are you upset you didn't get a proper hen party?"

            "Absolutely!" I said quickly with a little laugh so he would know I didn't mean it. What would be the good of having a hen party now? None of my friends were married, they couldn't really give me advice about sex, because Fred and I were already set on that part, not to mention that my best girlfriend was his sister and wouldn't want to hear it. "No, I'm not upset. I actually look forward to taking a sleep potion and getting some much-needed rest."

            I leaned into him and felt a smile erupt across my face. It was natural, just being with him. Like a habit. I loved the idea that I'd have this for the rest of my life. Impending doom or not, so long as I had Fred by my side, I'd be okay.

            "Hey, everything's all set in place," Fred said rubbing his nose to mine. "Just a few vows and a binding spell then we'll be husband and wife."

            "Tell me again why we're doing the binding spell?" I asked, running a hand up and down my stomach.

            "Well, mum and dad say it's a wizarding tradition that dates back to Merlin himself. Legend has it that it's how witches could tell that they'd found their soulmates. No one really knows how to tell if it worked or not, but it's still a nice notion," He said as he rubbed a knot in my back.

            "Mm, that's nice," I said, feeling the relief in my back. "Well, because you've been such a good sport through all of this, I can promise you that there will be loads of sexy, dirty fun activities for you tomorrow night," I said as I leaned in to press my lips to his.

            "Now that's nice," Fred said, before he kissed me back. It was as if I couldn't get enough of him. I never saw myself growing tired of this. Even the rare occasion when we would fight, it was like a fiery explosion of passion.

            "Oy!" A voice boomed, entering the room, causing me to fall off the couch and land on my back. "You're not married yet." George said, approaching.

            "Ow," I groaned, looking up to see Ron and Harry as I turned around and got back on my feet. "No matter, Ginny and I have a lot to do tonight, so you be off," I said and was pulled into another kiss, one where he dipped me backwards, with his arms wrapped around me tightly.

            "Don't go getting cold feet on me. This was your idea after all," Fred said as he set me back upright.

            The boys all left, leaving me and Ginny to paint each other's nails and eat pizza that Sirius had picked up for us from our favorite takeaway shop in London. While Fred had a point when he said that everything was already taken care of, there was still the thought in the back of my mind that we were missing something. Something we'd overlooked. As Ginny turned to open the refrigerator to pour herself another pumpkin juice, the idea popped into my mind.

            It wasn't something that was missing, it was someone. And even though it may serve as a point of contention, I wouldn't be me if I didn't at least try. Which was the best I could do. It would require one Owl, and one unapproved visit. I grabbed a quill and a spare piece of parchment from the office and wrote a note, sending it off with Remus's owl Glinda for the first part of my plan. Ginny didn't understand but she agreed to help with the second, promising to cover for me while I was gone for a few minutes.