CH 67. Lilies

It seems as thought most of Elodie's feelings have been put on display, but the root of her trauma seems to both ease and worsen her fears. 

Songs for this chapter: 

Lily's Theme - Alexandre Desplat

Davy Jones - Hans Zimmer

Listen Before I Go - Billy Eilish

The Targaryen Wolf - Peter Gundry

Paper Rings - Scott & Ryceejo

A/N: Alright, a lot gets unwrapped in the first part of this chapter, let's discuss in the comments! And just so everyone knows, the next time I'm posting will be on Christmas. So when you need a little break from whatever you have going on that day, like I know I will, I'll be in the comments all day. And who knows, maybe I'll post a bit earlier, or a bit of a longer chapter as a gift from me to my loyal readers (:

Love and lilies

Val

~Elodie's POV~

It was well after midnight, and I couldn't sleep. Part of it was not being able to find a comfortable position to sleep in while not having Fred here and while being pregnant. Part of it was because even though I'd apologize to Harry, I hadn't felt any better. I was in the kitchen, brewing a pot of herbal tea, and burning a piece of toast when I heard footsteps running down the stairs.

"Oww, ow, shit," I whispered as I burnt my fingertips.

"What happened?" Harry asked, eyes wide, wand ready. I opened the trash bin and tossed out the inedible piece of bread away. "Here, I can do it."

I took a seat at the counter and watched Harry cook for the both of us, feeling worse about what I'd said. "You don't have to do that you know," I said to him.

He shook his head and reached for another plate from the cabinet. "I used to do all the cooking at the Dursleys, I actually don't mind it much anymore," He said as he reached for butter and took out a bowl of fruit from the refrigerator. I looked over the issue of the daily prophet that was still on the counter, reading the way Skeeter thought it was suspicious that I would side with the Malfoys. Harry grabbed it and threw it into the trash bin as well. "It's rubbish."

"His wife was there, as was Draco," I said softly. I looked up at Harry who had stopped moving, eyes fixed on me. "You know as much as you dislike them, they're sort of our family now too. Even though I threatened to kill all of them, but that's neither here nor there" I said and lifted my mug to feel the warmth that came off of it. "I know you don't understand why I did what I did. Believe me, even as I sat in that chair, I didn't know what I was doing. It wasn't until I left the room that I realized exactly what it was that I'd done."

"He'll still be in Azkaban regardless, for a shorter length of time now," Harry explained to me. "I didn't realize what you meant before... about telling them your truth. Not until after you left-"

"Harry, I swear, I didn't-" I said, trying to stop him from bringing it up again.

"No, listen. I know that you think you didn't mean it. But at the end of the day, what you saw, how you felt after everything, that was all your truth," He said and stared into me with his bright green eyes. "Is that why you don't talk about them?"

"You know everyone always talks about how I look so much like mum, they don't tell you enough how much you look like dad. Your well of memories is so shallow it's almost completely dry. You weren't old enough to remember them," I said and tolled away from him, keeping my eyes fixed on my mug. "If I talk about them, I know, it's one way of keeping their memory alive... But to me... it makes the memories less personal. You know the terrible part about having all this magic, is that I can remember everything, from the moment I was born," I said and let out a little laugh which he reciprocated.