CH 16. Coming Alive

~Elodie's POV~

Thy drugs are quick.

I awoke again just before dusk. The boys in a deep sleep. I crept out of the bed and tiptoed out of their dorm. I moved into mine with ease. Neither Angelina nor Katie had returned yet. I grabbed my bathing items and made my way to the fifth-floor prefect bathroom hoping the password Cedric had given me was still the correct one. It was.

I ignored the pool sized bathtub and went to the open shower. I eyed them and they turned on so incredibly hot the room filled with steam in a matter of minutes. I shed all my clothes from the night before and entered the field of pipes spilling water. Eventually I was soaked. I paid no attention to the burning sensation on my flesh. I leaned on one of the pipes and slid down until I hit the floor and brought my knees to my chest. For once, I wasn't in pain.

I was radioactive.

I could only compare it to what I thought it would feel like to be touched for the first time. I felt the power coursing through my veins giving life to every part of me that had previous been dormant. This is what it felt like to be alive.

I remember everything.

I let my head fall into my knees. As I sat there it was as if curtains were being pulled off of every memory that had previously lived in the shadows. My mother, oh my beautiful mother. I truly was her clone. I remembered her holding me in her arms placing a million tiny kisses all over my face. My father, an older Harry. Applauding in excitement every time I performed even the simplest of magic. And Padfoot. Sirius Black, adoring me as if I were his child as well.

Then their death. The giant bust of green light that filled the room. The incident that led Minerva to be concerned. Both incidents. And the feeling of rage that would always build inside of me, the feeling of the dark lord's magic waking up. How easy it had been for me to make anyone succumb to my will. It was dark. It was bloody evil. And quite frankly, I could see why Minerva was scared.

I understood why she did what she had done.

I raised my head, and in the steam, I saw clarity. I was still me. Just a more complete version of myself. A more powerful self. I brought myself back to my feet and let the river of water wash away the worries I had previously held. I began scrubbing roughly at my arms, my neck, and my face. Washing away the kisses and touches the twins had previously left, and a new worry sank in.

I had to tell him. I always told Cedric everything, this couldn't be different.

*** 2 Days later***

~Fred's POV~

We hadn't seen Elodie since she left us alone in George's bed. I knew it wasn't a good idea as it was happening, but I couldn't help it. I thought maybe she had finally decided she liked me too. But it didn't make sense, it was George too. Did she want us only as a package deal?

George returned from his shower. I had been sitting in my bed waiting for him to return so we could go to the great hall for the welcome back feast. I looked at him wondering what he was thinking. Wondering how long he'd thought about holding her, and never thought to say anything.

"Don't look at me like that," He said. He had caught sight of my current train of thought. I just, had to know.

"How long have you liked her?" I asked.

He set his old clothes down and picked up a brush to run through his hair. He hadn't turned to look at me. He was hiding his face.

"You think you're the only one that's noticed her all this time?" He said. And it was true. Now that I think about it, every time I had anything to say about her, he was always eager.